Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton bid for Zaha

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The Bolton offer seems to be aimed at testing the water and unsettling the player to see if he asks the club to let him go.

In truth I would think his current value is realistically £3m to £5m to a club prepared to take a punt on his potential and his ability to control what must currently be seen as temperamental frailities. The usual add-ons based on appearances etc could enhance a fee considerably but only if he achieves his potential. No sensible buying club would assume that at this stage of the lad's development.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I think he is a good player and worth about 3-5 million, he has a lot to learn though, so think maybe a bit early for him to o to the premiership. A lot of players go too soon, as Palace only know so well, so they will do well to keep him and continue his progress, into a better player. In my opinion, he is very raw and does not have a consistent end product, if he had that he would be worth quite a bit. I watched him in the semi final and he was a bit clueless, but a real handful. Think we will put al-abd on him tomorrow, at least he will not out muscle Adam.....

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I think he is a good player and worth about 3-5 million, he has a lot to learn though, so think maybe a bit early for him to o to the premiership. A lot of players go too soon, as Palace only know so well, so they will do well to keep him and continue his progress, into a better player. In my opinion, he is very raw and does not have a consistent end product, if he had that he would be worth quite a bit. I watched him in the semi final and he was a bit clueless, but a real handful. Think we will put al-abd on him tomorrow, at least he will not out muscle Adam.....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Indeed. Moses does seem to be looking like he can fulfil that potential. You've got to be a bit impressed with the way Palace have dealt with a 5m offer. Any of our players, bar maybe CMS, would be sold with offers of half of that (including Buckley and Dunk).

Yet we're still 4 points above them. Shows what an amazing manager Poyet is.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I agree with most of that bobby . Wilf is nowhere near the finished article , give him another season at this level then he will be ready for the top flight . If wilf plays well tomorrow i think we will win , a draw is looking the best bet atm . So in summary boys and girls he isnt leaving us just yet and you will be privaleged to see him a few more times for the red and blues !

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Zaha is much better than those named

REALLY? 2 goals, 2 assists, in 32 appearances for Zaha this season apparently. Or are there other stats I should be looking at?

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Agree a draw would be fine, think as someone else said, think Zara and Buckley will be crucial. Have CMS to score first goal though......

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
REALLY? 2 goals, 2 assists, in 32 appearances for Zaha this season apparently. Or are there other stats I should be looking at?

Well the fact that he gets doubled up on allowing the other players more space, the amount of free kicks and corners that we win from him, the lift that he gives the crowd and the team when he skins some hapless defender, it all helps.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Just a bit of funny logic from Palace is that they always mock CMS for only scoring 6 goals this year and his 2.5 million price tag, but think that Zara is worth at least 5/10 million ? And he has 2 goals ??, I know he does other things, but so does CMS, or am i being stupid, or maybe not having red and blue tinted classes. Think also at the moment would rather have Buckley than Zara, but that is just an opinion, maybe with my blue and white tinted glasses on.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well the fact that he gets doubled up on allowing the other players more space, the amount of free kicks and corners that we win from him, the lift that he gives the crowd and the team when he skins some hapless defender, it all helps.

Right, so because he gets doubled up on, and the fact the fans love him because he is quick, means he is 'much better' than Buckley? A player who else gets marked out of the game a lot, but still manages to beat Zaha in stats that actually matter. You know, like goals & assists.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I like corners and freekicks but goals are so much better.

DannyCPFC

May 21, 2011
Just a bit of funny logic from Palace is that they always mock CMS for only scoring 6 goals this year and his 2.5 million price tag, but think that Zara is worth at least 5/10 million ? And he has 2 goals ??, I know he does other things, but so does CMS, or am i being stupid, or maybe not having red and blue tinted classes. Think also at the moment would rather have Buckley than Zara, but that is just an opinion, maybe with my blue and white tinted glasses on.

Those stats are wrong

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
What is your evaluation of Zaha?

Some unbelievable in the true sense of the word skill, maybe the same 2 over and over but then chris waddle made a career out of dipping his shoulder. Last year I thought he was very raw, this year he has filled out a bit and added a little end product to his game, as I said he needs to kick on now and go to the next level. The best thing about him in my opinion is that he scares the opposition, you can see when he is on form he is a potential match winner, possibly even international level eventually.

If I was a rival manager I'd offer 5 mill , no more and loan him back to Palace for 6 months to a year.
Johnny Williams on the other hand I would pay 10 million today no problem, he truly is a class act.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here