Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton bid for Zaha

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
Right, so because he gets doubled up on, and the fact the fans love him because he is quick, means he is 'much better' than Buckley? A player who else gets marked out of the game a lot, but still manages to beat Zaha in stats that actually matter. You know, like goals & assists.

erm when did I say he is better than Buckley ? I havent seen enough of Buckley to form an opinion.
dont put words in my mouth thankyou ...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I like goals but points are so much better
I like points but promotion is so much better

Agreed. So you'd agree at this point in the season, we are doing better of you? Being 4 points clear and having a GD of +2 over you.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Agreed. So you'd agree at this point in the season, we are doing better of you? Being 4 points clear and having a GD of +2 over you.

Nope. Cup semi-final meant we've taken our eyes off the league (Blackpool, Derby) to try to progress. Now that we're done with that, it's back to the League. I'll take a cup semi final and midtable rather than no semi and just upper midtable. In the League obviously you're on top, but you wouldn't have been without our distractions (unless you win tomorrow)

If Buckley is as good as Zaha (who is four years younger!) where are the £5m+ bids coming from? Zaha has 5 goals and 5 assists this season from wide, when he is constantly double-marked. He is a remarkable talent and will go for £10m in a year or two. Glad to see Parish deny any outwards activity so emphatically, proof that we are genuinely serious about keeping the young stars at our club.

Sorry guys, Buckley looks a top player but in terms of potential he doesn't compare to Zaha. Buckley may well become a great player, but anyone in the game will tell you that Wilf is going to the very top.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Glad to see Parish deny any outwards activity so emphatically, proof that we are genuinely serious about keeping the young stars at our club.

Thats not what Parrish said. He said Zaha wasn't on the market which is not the same as not for sale, the problem seems to be the price.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I would have to be a gibbering idiot not to wouldn't I ? the league table does not lie.
An idiot you say...
Nope. Cup semi-final meant we've taken our eyes off the league (Blackpool, Derby) to try to progress. Now that we're done with that, it's back to the League. I'll take a cup semi final and midtable rather than no semi and just upper midtable.
Quality.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Thats not what Parrish said. He said Zaha wasn't on the market which is not the same as not for sale, the problem seems to be the price.

Ronaldo had his price. Every player in the world does.

The fact that it's "far more than what was offered (5m)" suggests that we're serious.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we've just rejected a bid higher than any bid for any Brighton player in your history?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Ronaldo had his price. Every player in the world does.

The fact that it's "far more than what was offered (5m)" suggests that we're serious.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we've just rejected a bid higher than any bid for any Brighton player in your history?

Yea and tomorrow night Zaha will be sorting out the Paperwork in North London with Wenger, or Liverpool or whoever. Sounds like Parrish has one eye one the books, palace have done nothing to suggest they are being bankrolled by billionaires. Truth will out in 24hrs, if palace really are deperate, I reckon it may be a loanback by Liverpool though as Bolton will want him in the squad.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Quoted out of context.
How so? You and Sir Nigel were both responding to the same quote that said we were doing better than you. Sir Nigel said yes we are, one would have to be an idiot to think otherwise. You said you think otherwise.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I love the way the Palarse fans think they be above us in the league if wasnt for fluckey cup run, we have been above them most of the season, so they deep down know that we a better team and we have beaten 2 premiership teams in Newcastle and Sunderland and nearly beaten Liverpool and still sitting easily above Palarse in the league as Poyet said in the home game vs them they were nothing for 80 minutes and then last 10 minutes we collapsed.
Palarse have average players who can raise game once in a while but we have better players therefore will end above them in league no doubt, doesnt matter on 2mrws result.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
My summary:

Zaha is good, but not worth £10m and won't be for at least a few more years, if ever.
He's has proven to be nothing more than a Craig Noone who has been slightly more profitable with his end product in terms of being double-marked, creating chances, exciting the crowd when he gets the ball, etc.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
He's has proven to be nothing more than a Craig Noone who has been slightly more profitable with his end product in terms of being double-marked, creating chances, exciting the crowd when he gets the ball, etc.

An 18 year old Craig Noone, who has just attracted a bid of £5m and yet isn't leaving? How many £5m bids has Noone attracted?

How many £5m bids have you ever received for ANY player?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

We've just turned down a bid worth the equivalent of £5M this afternoon for Craig Mackail Smith from Reading , cash plus one of their players.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
We've just turned down a bid worth the equivalent of £5M this afternoon for Craig Mackail Smith from Reading , cash plus one of their players.

No you haven't. Six figures and Simon Church (£1m at most) was reported on here, and local journalists don't agree with any offer being made. This didn't happen, and even if it did would certainly not total £5m.

If anything CMS' value would have dropped since the summer, after doing reasonably but nothing special since he joined for £2.5m. I highly doubt his value would have doubled.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No you haven't. Six figures and Simon Church was reported on here, and local journalists don't agree with any offer being made.

It was tweeted as a £3.5M monetary bid with Simon Church valued at £1.5M.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
An 18 year old Craig Noone, who has just attracted a bid of £5m and yet isn't leaving? How many £5m bids has Noone attracted?

How many £5m bids have you ever received for ANY player?

I'm sure Craig Noone would attract a couple of £5m bids if our manager put gave him an outrageously high valuation.

It wouldn't surprise me if in the near future bids that high (or higher) are made for Dunk, Buckley, Forster-Caskey and potentially Agdestein.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here