Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton bid for Zaha

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
That is hillarious.

This Williams fella, I've only seen him at our place, seemed ok...
How old is he? Much younger then Dunk?

He's 17 I think, so what 3 years younger than Dunk. Will go onto big things that kid. Hopefully his broken leg won't cause any long term problems. Shame he's Welsh!

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Is that the trademark dive and complete lack of end product as per usual?

1. That wasn't a dive. He was fouled by a jealous Brighton player.
2. He scored in that game and created the second goal.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Not as good as Kaz, Nooney or Buckley.

How many £5m bids have you rejected for any of those players?

In reality, as you know, Wilfried is an incredible player. Which is why he won the Football League Young POTY last season, rather than "Kaz, Nooney or Buckley"

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
How many £5m bids have you rejected for any of those players?

In reality, as you know, Wilfried is an incredible player. Which is why he won the Football League Young POTY last season, rather than "Kaz, Nooney or Buckley"

How he did that I'll never know. Looked reasonable at best when I've seen him. But of course stats don't lie and he's got pretty poor stats.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
How he did that I'll never know. Looked reasonable at best when I've seen him. But of course stats don't lie and he's got pretty poor stats.

Has he got pretty poor stats?

He's a 19 year old winger and a side that didn't score many goals last year, and he got 9 goals and 5 assists. Looks pretty good to me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

He's a 19 year old winger and a side that didn't score many goals last year, and he got 9 goals and 5 assists. Looks pretty good to me.

40 league games - 6 goals and 2 assists. So 1 game in 5 he might be involved in a goal. Amazing.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Oh, and the Lewes player who was marking him the other day said he was the best player he has ever played against. A week after playing your lot.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I suppose when you take into account the general state of the rest of the team that's a fair point. However it doesn't look like five million pounds.

BTW On another note, do you have a son called Scott? I'm a friend of his, he lives off seaside and is a Palace fan:(

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

6 in the league. 3 in the league cup (2 v Crawley of Div 2!). I dont think he's rubbish, just outrageously overated.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I suppose when you take into account the general state of the rest of the team that's a fair point. However it doesn't look like five million pounds.

BTW On another note, do you have a son called Scott? I'm a friend of his, he lives off seaside and is a Palace fan:(

No, I would never call my child Scott.

You're right, he doesn't look live five million pounds. He's worth about twice that.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
6 in the league. 3 in the league cup (2 v Crawley of Div 2!). I dont think he's rubbish, just outrageously overated.

A lot of Premiership teams disagree. Every club in the Championship would swap any of their players for Wilf.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Had he stood up more and dived less his stats would have been better and your team would have scored more.

He has undoubted potential but whether he realises it depends on who advises and coaches him and whether he can learn from them. Many players over the years have been where he is now and have gone backwards. The next two seasons, once he has moved on to a club which will allow him the opportunity to dvelop (or not) will tell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here