Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton bid for Zaha

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
That does NOT sound like someone who's going nowhere. If he's going nowhere, he would say so.

Don't be so stupid. If someone bids £10m+ he may well be off, but we don't expect anyone to meet our valuation. Wilf is keeping his head down playing it properly while Parish is doing the talking.

D

Deleted member 18477

I didn't think Abd was a fullback. Is he not a CB?

Somehow I think Wilf will enjoy himself against El Abd. Who did you put on him last time?

errr el abd completely took ben arfa out of the game... he's a tad better than zaha.

and he's played all across the defence this season due to injurys. our defence will most prob be calderon, dunk, greer, el abd

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm worried about the Zaha vs El-Abd match up, if he performs anything like he did against McAnuff we are in big trouble.

Yet if he performs like he did against Ben Arfa or Lambert, they're in big trouble.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
I agree, very sad indeed. I just can't help myself. The thought of 100s of sad surrey nigels crying into their cornflakes tomorrow morning after a heavy defeat and seeing their main overpriced asset (which they could've sold today) stretchered off gives me an erection.

We all have an evil side

Fair do's that's pretty funny, but we didnt cry when joniesta broke his leg (back soon yayyy) and I hope we are becoming a bit more than a one man team, If the rumoured amounts are true I would be snatching their hands off.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
errr el abd completely took ben arfa out of the game... he's a tad better than zaha.

And yet got done by McAnuff - who isn't? These things work both ways. Zaha skinned Rafael, Fabio and Ji Sung Park time after time, they're a tad better than El Abd.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don't be so stupid. If someone bids £10m+ he may well be off, but we don't expect anyone to meet our valuation. Wilf is keeping his head down playing it properly while Parish is doing the talking.

Parish sounds CERTAIN that the valuation won't be met. Zaha doesn't seem so keen to stay to me.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Parish sounds CERTAIN that the valuation won't be met. Zaha doesn't seem so keen to stay to me.

Hahahaha, you're basing that on a tweet saying "look forward to the game"...

Muppet. The five year contract suggests he's up for the fight!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Zaha skinned Rafael, Fabio and Ji Sung Park time after time, they're a tad better than El Abd.

Rubbish, El-Abd is better than those three put together.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hahahaha, you're basing that on a tweet saying "look forward to the game"...

Muppet. The five year contract suggests he's up for the fight!

I wonder why he keeps telling fans to get off his back, yet is making NO commitments whatsoever to being a Palace player. His head doesn't seem right at all to me.

Yep, Bennett signed a new 5 year contract about...3 months before we agreed to sell him to Norwich? Don't be so naive. The 5 year contract is specifically to make sure you get as much money as possible for him, as the sale is fairly imminent!

D

Deleted member 18477

And yet got done by McAnuff - who isn't? These things work both ways. Zaha skinned Rafael, Fabio and Ji Sung Park time after time, they're a tad better than El Abd.

and zaha was crap against the cardiff right back..

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
The worst thing for El-Abd would be to get booked early, it ruined Bridcutt in the first game and could really hamper El-Abd.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I didn't think Abd was a fullback. Is he not a CB?

Somehow I think Wilf will enjoy himself against El Abd. Who did you put on him last time?

Injured last time we played you, he has played all over the pitch for us but certainly could struggle in terms of speed versus Zaha. All our options at full back are relatively slow.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If the rumoured amounts are true I would be snatching their hands off.

Seems reasonable to me.

Can't see that Zaha is worth anything like £7million yet as he's nowhere near the finished product. But hell, if Bolton are prepared to pay it, then take the money and run.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here