Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton bid for Zaha

D

Deleted member 18477

Steve Parish: "The only reason we would accept is if we were desperate for money. They can't - in their wildest dreams - think it constitutes a reasonable or fair offer. I can categorically tell you that there are no bids from Bolton that will be in any way of interest to us it is a complete non story. They are nowhere near the value of the player."

Hopefully this puts an end to your silliness :)

but steve parish is more deluded than arsene wenger.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I highly doubt he'll be allowed to get away with it. I really don't think anyone in your team could stand up to a bit of bullying from Jedinak.

Have you seen Abd? He wound Cabaye up enough for Cabaye to stamp on his face and get him a retrospective 3 game ban. He wound Lambert up enough for Lambert to throw an elbow at him and get himself sent off.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think £7million is nowhere near piss-take fee at all. In fact it could be the best deal they are likely to get for him. He has potential, but if he stays at palace then there is the chance that potential may not come to fruition at all. Fair-play if the board can genuinely snub the offer and want to keep Zaha long term, but I wonder if they may just be out bluffing themselves on this one.

If he does go then it means they probably don't have to sell anyone else and they can bring in additional players too. Given that Palace are likely to finish in comfortable position this season the £7m could be provide a platform for next season.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Tottenham now showing interest apparently. They would loan him back to Palace for the remainder of the season though

D

Deleted member 18477

Of course most of us on here are biased against Palace, but I genuinely think in this case his real value is circa £2.5-£3m. And that is based on potential only, not current ability. Williams on the other hand is probably worth £7m-£10m in my view so I am not completely biased against your players!

agreed! williams is a much better talent. he actually runs a game. zaha just hogs the ball and sometimes looks flash in doing so.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Tottenham now showing interest apparently. They would loan him back to Palace for the remainder of the season though

After the Bostock situation, I don't think Tottenham are a club we'd sell to/ Wilf would go to.

Although if they want to meet our valuation...

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
but steve parish is more deluded than arsene wenger.

If Bloom gave you the money he lost whilst gambling around the world you could do a Man City and buy your way out of the league and into the big time. If he was really that serious............

D

Deleted member 18477

If Bloom gave you the money he lost whilst gambling around the world you could do a Man City and buy your way out of the league and into the big time. If he was really that serious............

what on earth are you on about you! weird thing to say.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

You do understand he gambles with his own money, his cash that he earns, right? And the money he puts into the Albion comes from his other business's? Which includes funding the stadium build and our new training facilities. Trust me, there is plenty of cash there, but it's not our style to throw it all in and get premiership status. Its a 5 year plan. What is the point in being in the Premiership and training at Sussex Uni still?

D

Deleted member 18477

Wilfried Zaha just tweeted: 'Can everyone just stop tweeting and pinging me about Bolton #leaveitout.' 'Look forward to tonight's game'

tweet away albion fans. tell him to think of the money he could get at bolton...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wilfried Zaha just tweeted: 'Can everyone just stop tweeting and pinging me about Bolton #leaveitout.' 'Look forward to tonight's game'

That does NOT sound like someone who's going nowhere. If he's going nowhere, he would say so.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Zaha's strop-fest as Palace were pummelled by Cardiff was amusing. I can't have been alone in looking forward to how he copes with the physicality of the ultimate wind-up merchant Adam El-Abd tonight.

If there was a market offered on Zaha crying for his mum within the 90 minutes, it would be worth getting involved in.

I'm worried about the Zaha vs El-Abd match up, if he performs anything like he did against McAnuff we are in big trouble.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
and lambert who has NEVER been sent off in his career before el abd got to him! haha!

I didn't think Abd was a fullback. Is he not a CB?

Somehow I think Wilf will enjoy himself against El Abd. Who did you put on him last time?

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪

I do think (& hope), all the 'Bolton talk' may affect his head though? Especially if Bolton come back with an improved offer during the day? Yes, we're biased, but Zaha isn't worth more than 5 Mil.

Parish either really wants to keep him or he's playing the game to squeeze out an improved offer. Obvious statement I know & I've no idea which of the two it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here