Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton bid for Zaha

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Still 13 hours to go. Anything can happen in that time. Hope you've got him wrapped in cotton wool as you don't want his value to drop.

Sent by the power of 1000 turtles

Anything can happen, you're right. But at no point in that time will he go for £7m. As I've said all along, anyone not willing to part with £10m+ wont get him.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
how is 7 million a piss take fee you deluded, DELUDED MAN!!! get a grip FFS! he's inconsistent and did well against man utd's third string team. he's not even the best winger in the championship so hes certainly doesnt warrant a fee you'd expect to see for the best player in the championship.

stop being stupid and tell dougie to stop being stupid too. 7 million is triple my valuation of zaha! jeeeeeeez!

Nice to see that you think you know more than Dougie + CPFC2010. If he wasn't the real deal we'd have bitten their arms off for £7m... But he is :)

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Nice to see that you think you know more than Dougie + CPFC2010. If he wasn't the real deal we'd have bitten their arms off for £7m... But he is :)

How many goals in the league in the last two years, 3 or 4 is it? He may be young but he's not exactly setting the world alight. £7m was a ridiculous offer for him and if Palace manage to get £10m for him then hats off to them, because that will be a proper fleecing

D

Deleted member 18477

he's not the real deal though. thats all opinions. dougie is milking it like any manager would. but were see. come the summer the offer might only be 5 million. and thats if zaha manages a couple of decent performances between now and then. chamberlain is a much better player and from what ive seen buckley is a more complete player at present. be afraid of him tonight! because hes going to score... again!

p.s. from the bbc sport website.

0918: So Zaha may move to the Trotters. I've seen Zaha a few times this season - a very exciting prospect. But is the 19-year-old worth £7m?

and to answer that... NO!

Last edited by a moderator:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Must admit I would be surprised if he chose Bolton but on the other hand now that their bids have brought Zaha's name to everyone's attention it won't be long before a Prem club with a bigger budget (eg Newcastle) are in later today with bids. Anything closer to £10m would be irresistible, plus Zaha must fancy his chances at one of the mid table clubs.

The only thing that can derail this is whether £10m is too big a big punt?

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
I've never wished for an opposing player to get injured before.

Before today that is..............

That's nice and sporting of you, I've never hoped that a stadium imploded, but there's time for the Valley yet! Hopefully tonight Wilf will show a little end product and if he does, you're in trouble.
Try and sing tonight, most of the away support up here has been shit this season.

D

Deleted member 18477

That's nice and sporting of you, I've never hoped that a stadium imploded, but there's time for the Valley yet! Hopefully tonight Wilf will show a little end product and if he does, you're in trouble.
Try and sing tonight, most of the away support up here has been shit this season.

el abd will f***ing crunch zaha. hes the one who should be scared. along with your fullbacks. because let me tell you now... buckley is the best winger in the championship. sorry about that!

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
El Abd will f***ing crunch Zaha. He's the one who should be scared along with your fullbacks. Because let me tell you now... Buckley is the best winger in the Championship. Sorry about that!

Edited without anger, sorry about that.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
el abd will f***ing crunch zaha. hes the one who should be scared. along with your fullbacks. because let me tell you now... buckley is the best winger in the championship. sorry about that!

That's why he's been attracting so much attention...

Any £3m bids? £4m? £5m? £6m? Even £7m? Nope. Didn't think so. You'd probably accept £2m for Buckley.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Steve Parish: "The only reason we would accept is if we were desperate for money. They can't - in their wildest dreams - think it constitutes a reasonable or fair offer. I can categorically tell you that there are no bids from Bolton that will be in any way of interest to us it is a complete non story. They are nowhere near the value of the player."

Hopefully this puts an end to your silliness :)

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Steve Parish: "The only reason we would accept is if we were desperate for money. They can't - in their wildest dreams - think it constitutes a reasonable or fair offer. I can categorically tell you that there are no bids from Bolton that will be in any way of interest to us it is a complete non story. They are nowhere near the value of the player."

He's right there. He's only worth about 3m.

Sent by the power of 1000 turtles

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
At this exact moment in time Buckley is a more complete player than Zaha. Maybe not as flashy but a more complete player. Palace fans would be fools to argue (the stats don't lie). Of course Will is 3 years older than Zaha meaning he has potential on his side. Personally I think Zaha's real market worth (if he continues to develop at his rate ie have some end product in the next year or so) is £5million. But fair play to the palace board if they can hold out for more, and everyone knows english talent inflated at the moment so who knows what they can milk a desperate PL team for? FWIW I wouldnt accept anything below £4million for Buckley either. Oozes quality as you'll see tonight.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Zaha's strop-fest as Palace were pummelled by Cardiff was amusing. I can't have been alone in looking forward to how he copes with the physicality of the ultimate wind-up merchant Adam El-Abd tonight.

If there was a market offered on Zaha crying for his mum within the 90 minutes, it would be worth getting involved in.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

To be fair to this Parrish chap, he does a good job of feeding you lot just the sort of soundbites you want to hear.

And backed up with the imaginative marketing, illustrated by both the Groupon deal and the Sun "2 tickets for £19.50" offer - it seems you've got yourself a good'un there.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

Hopefully this puts an end to your silliness :)

Of course most of us on here are biased against Palace, but I genuinely think in this case his real value is circa £2.5-£3m. And that is based on potential only, not current ability. Williams on the other hand is probably worth £7m-£10m in my view so I am not completely biased against your players!

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Zaha's strop-fest as Palace were pummelled by Cardiff was amusing. I can't have been alone in looking forward to how he copes with the physicality of the ultimate wind-up merchant Adam El-Abd tonight.

If there was a market offered on Zaha crying for his mum within the 90 minutes, it would be worth getting involved in.

I highly doubt he'll be allowed to get away with it. I really don't think anyone in your team could stand up to a bit of bullying from Jedinak.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here