Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton bid for Zaha

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Would be very unlucky if he broke his ankle tonight, was out of six months, and was never the same again when he returned, reducing his value to £100k.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
£7m is a incredible offer, lets be honest here, Zaha is not even in the same ability bracket as Oxlade-Chamberlain who is performing in the Premier League and is younger.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He's telling the fans to look forward to it, not that "he's" looking forward to it. Nothing can be read into that at all.

Sent by the power of 1000 turtles

Agreed, hes saying the transfer is out of his hands and telling the 'fans' to look forward to tonights game!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
If he had said "looking forward to tonight's game" then that would suggest he was expecting to play.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Quite like the thought that all the gathering momentum over Zaha on the morning of the big match will not be helping Freedman's preparations.

Is Zaha at training this morning? Does Freedman pencil him into the team or not? Surely a prospective buyer will want him for a medical ahead of the deadline, so can't really be included if he is off elsewhere. On the other hand if Zaha stays will his head be right given all the media speculation? Can Palace afford to offer Zaha improved terms if he stays, would he feel loved if they don't? Is this academic if Zaha's head already been turned by the chance of Prem footie - no doubt there is an agent behind the scenes pulling the strings. Do Palace need the dosh having blown the chance of a Wembley payday? Will Freedman get any of the Zaha transfer money before the deadline, let alone get in a replacement in time to be eligible for tonight. Poor Dougie, which way does he turn? Distracted all day today having to look for a replacement, if there is still time? What effect is this having on the rest of their team............and their poor fans? Oh dear.....

The outcome of today on and off the pitch will be a very interesting barometer of CPFC's future intent and ambitions.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Turns it more from a of i'm looking forward to tonights game, to a get the f*** off my back and look forward to tonights game instead :laugh:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Quite like the thought that all the gathering momentum over Zaha on the morning of the big match will not be helping Freedman's preparations.

Is Zaha at training this morning? Does Freedman pencil him into the team or not? Surely a prospective buyer will want him for a medical ahead of the deadline, so can't really be included if he is off elsewhere. On the other hand if Zaha stays will his head be right given all the media speculation? Can Palace afford to offer Zaha improved terms if he stays, would he feel loved if they don't? Is this academic if Zaha's head already been turned by the chance of Prem footie - no doubt there is an agent behind the scenes pulling the strings. Do Palace need the dosh having blown the chance of a Wembley payday? Will Freedman get any of the Zaha transfer money before the deadline, let alone get in a replacement in time to be eligible for tonight. Poor Dougie, which way does he turn? Distracted all day today having to look for a replacement, if there is still time? What effect is this having on the rest of their team............and their poor fans? Oh dear.....

The outcome of today on and off the pitch will be a very interesting barometer of CPFC's future intent and ambitions.

Zaha will be at training. How will be in the team sheet. What is more than likely the case is that CPFC2010 have set a minimum price, which is likely to be over £7m. We've got 5 years to sell him in, and his value will only increase.

Dougie won't have time to replace him, so he won't go. Zaha won't be offered improved terms, he only signed a new deal a couple of months ago.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
For what its worth, I don't think he'll go this window, but whether his head is in the right place? Who knows! Lets hope if he does play, he doesn't end up doing a Cabaye/Kitson/Lambert to El-Abd :lol:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Zaha will be at training. How will be in the team sheet. What is more than likely the case is that CPFC2010 have set a minimum price, which is likely to be over £7m. We've got 5 years to sell him in, and his value will only increase.

Dougie won't have time to replace him, so he won't go. Zaha won't be offered improved terms, he only signed a new deal a couple of months ago.

Loving the bounce potential of this post. :wink:

Sent by the power of 1000 turtles

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I'll be back on before the game to point to Wilfrieds name on the team sheet. It would be madness to let him leave for a piss take fee like £7m, unless every penny was up front and there were further add ons for international caps with a very big sell on.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'll be back on before the game to point to Wilfrieds name on the team sheet. It would be madness to let him leave for a piss take fee like £7m, unless every penny was up front and there were further add ons for international caps with a very big sell on.

Apparently Bolton were preparing to offer 50% share of profits on any sell on.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
As I suspected, denied by Steve Parish. Wonderful.

"There has been a marginally increased bid, but no chance of the price even being close"

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

£7 million a piss take? Don't be f***ing stupid.

D

Deleted member 18477

how is 7 million a piss take fee you deluded, DELUDED MAN!!! get a grip FFS! he's inconsistent and did well against man utd's third string team. he's not even the best winger in the championship so he certainly doesnt warrant a fee you'd expect to see for the best player in the championship.

stop being stupid and tell dougie to stop being stupid too. 7 million is triple my valuation of zaha! jeeeeeeez!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here