Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bollocks, we could be 2nd on xmas day.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If Sheff Wed win tomorrow, we go 2nd through no fault of our own. It's almost a statistical fact that the team top of the league on xmas day get promoted in League 1. If anyone can prove me wrong I'd love to know, because right now I'm so gutted we could lose top spot thanks to the ****ing snow.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
If Sheff Wed win tomorrow, we go 2nd through no fault of our own. It's almost a statistical fact that the team top of the league on xmas day get promoted in League 1. If anyone can prove me wrong I'd love to know, because right now I'm so gutted we could lose top spot thanks to the ****ing snow.

To be honest, if we drop off the top it may take a bit of pressure off. Also can you explain what 'almost a statistical fact' means?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Lots of snow here in the west right now.Be VERY surprised if Exeter is on.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
It's almost a statistical fact

This on it's own is one of the the most ridiculous things I have ever read!! Mate - loads of things are 'almost' a statistical fact!

Seriously, is your post for real? I couldn't care less who was top on Christmas Day if we went up at the end of the season?!

And as for that bloody snow, grrrrrrrr, it has got hell to pay. I will definitely be thinking in that balmy May sunshine - 'ooh, that snow messed our entire season up, we were the only team who had to deal with it'.

Ruddy snow.

BlythMeister

Aug 30, 2010
Lewes
The fact that the team in second (us) would have 2 games in hand over wednesday (if they play) means that the usual statistics are rubbish.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
No fault of our own?
Just how many points have we won in the last 4 league games?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
IF the Exeter game goes ahead, they've only lost one game at home all season and Sheff Wed have lost 4 games away so a win for Wed is not guaranteed.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Drove back from Plymouth yesterday for last night's game (grrr!), Exeter airport shut and the snow was at its deepest there. Hopefully it'll be called off.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Its never a good thing being top so early for so long,the top team is there to be shot down so being knocked off the perch could be a good thing.:D

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Doubt it will be on. If it is on Sheffield Wed don't have the easiest game, a loss or draw is quite likely actually considering their away form.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Not sure I agree with that. If we go down to second it could be that it is due to all the f***ing penalties we keep missing!!!!!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Match is on.

Pitch passed inspection.

Volunteers called to clear walkways at the Exeter Superdome.

Final score 1-1.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Lets hope the statistics are correct and we are still top at the end of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here