Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Zamora at the palace

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Trigger said:
Preparing for first division football already? :lolol:

think dowie would be able to get the best out of him, weather that good enought for the premiership we would have to wait and see

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It hurts to say it but with BZ as your main striker your relegation will be assured. he has already shown that when under pressure at the top level he hasn't got what it takes... yet. Another season at one of the better teams in Div 1 is just what he needs to progress, he is not ready for Premiership football.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Icy Gull said:
It hurts to say it but with BZ as your main striker your relegation will be assured. he has already shown that when under pressure at the top level he hasn't got what it takes... yet. Another season at one of the better teams in Div 1 is just what he needs to progress, he is not ready for Premiership football.

I remember that being said when he left for Spurs.

I think he needs the right manager and the right team (I think those 2 go together) and I don't think he has had that since Micky Left Brighton.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
timco said:
I remember that being said when he left for Spurs.

I think he needs the right manager and the right team (I think those 2 go together) and I don't think he has had that since Micky Left Brighton.

Maybe he just needs the right Division.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Palarse could do a lot worse than BZ.

On second thoughts, no they couldn't. Never rated him, myself. What did he ever do at BHA?

:jester:

Last edited:

Lush

Mods' Pet
He should really go to Leicester - but he won't move out of London. If he has a nightmare season at West Ham and we get a YES to Falmer - well you never know...

But is Zamora Mark McGhees kind of player? I personally think he would be awesome playing with Leon.

I'm still not convinced about the perceived need for a lumbering oaf with no ball control (I am not a fan of Iwelumo) to play with Leon. That "put a big guy up front to cause trouble and let Leon pick up the scraps" so beloved of MM and his mate Mr Strachan. Any teams gone that route in Euro 2004? I don't think so.

I'd rather see him play with a tall but mobile and skilful partner - Zamora would be fab, Benjamin was good and I still think that Chris McPhee could do a job given a chance.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Lush said:
That "put a big guy up front to cause trouble and let Leon pick up the scraps" so beloved of MM and his mate Mr Strachan. Any teams gone that route in Euro 2004? I don't think so.
Didn't England do that against France? Trouble is, Heskey caused trouble for us.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I reckon this could be a possibility. Quite often the unbelievable happens - surely he will go to a team where he is going to get first team Premiership football whether or not its Palace. There is a similar shock reaction on the Palace site, but I wonder if it might just be true, with rumours that Shipperley is leaving.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Seriously i got that feeling bobby is a one man club player who only performs for that club and its us,so i can see the return of the bha god.:drink:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Shocked!... :eek:

Anyone but them...

Bobby come home...

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Icy Gull said:
wat a load of crap!!!
ok he didnt do it for spurs and is lacking confidence for the hammers but if bobby can get that back he is more than capable of making an impression at the top level with the right team and a manager that belives in him ( micky)!!

but palace? i bloody hope not

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here