Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue & White army to anfield

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Hopefully we will be playing in Our traditional colours , and everyone is up for wearing shirts hats scarves taking flags balloons etc to Mark a fantastic occasion for everyone at the club , at last Brighton are back on the big stage again , let's make it a very special atmosphere :albion2:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Why? When Liverpool play in all red?

Because the green and black is for AWAY matches. It is NOT a CHANGE strip to prevent a clash, it is for AWAY matches

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Hopefully we will be playing in Our traditional colours , and everyone is up for wearing shirts hats scarves taking flags balloons etc to Mark a fantastic occasion for everyone at the club , at last Brighton are back on the big stage again , let's make it a very special atmosphere :albion2:

We won't play in the blue and white. I really don't see why we don't play in blue and white when our colours don't match the oppositions. And as for the flag, possibly, if I can be bothered.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I don't wanna see us run out at anfield in green in black, I know that's our away colours but when kits don't clash why should we change colours , Gus poyets blue & White army ,

I agree, seems silly on such a high profile game not to wear club colours

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I don't wanna see us run out at anfield in green in black, I know that's our away colours but when kits don't clash why should we change colours , Gus poyets blue & White army ,

Sadly it is the modern way - all about sponsorships and shifting replica kit and all the other associated tat that (they hope) every self-respecting fan will buy two versions of - one home and one away

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We will play in green and black - it's an away game

This really annoys me about football today. What is the reason for it? There is no clash of kits, and they played in red at our place.

If we were to beat them then you want to look back at the pictures in 20 years time of an away end with a sea of blue and white, not of green and black, which we will probably not play in again after this season.

What are the reasons for it?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Agree

Gone are the days of wearing your home kit away unless it clashes with the home team.

Shame :(

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
This really annoys me about football today. What is the reason for it? There is no clash of kits, and they played in red at our place.

If we were to beat them then you want to look back at the pictures in 20 years time of an away end with a sea of blue and white, not of green and black, which we will probably not play in again after this season.

I completely agree with the sentiment, but just because the team will be wearing green & black doesn't mean the away end can't still be a sea of blue & white as tradition should suggest.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Because the green and black is for AWAY matches. It is NOT a CHANGE strip to prevent a clash, it is for AWAY matches

I'm not saying you're wrong, but can't understand why. There's no sense in changing from traditional colours just because it's an away game.

The point of an alternative strip is to use it when playing a team in similar colours. The term 'away kit' only really got coined because in football it's traditional that the away team wears its alternative kit if required.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

100% agree with this.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I will be MASSIVELY disappointed if someone doesn't fashion a cardboard FA CUP covered in tin foil.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sadly it is the modern way - all about sponsorships and shifting replica kit

I think you've hit the nail on the head. Much as I like seeing the money go to the club, I'd much rather see us in blue and white for what could possibly be our largest TV audience for years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here