Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue Monday

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Today is the most depressing day of the year when people reach rock bottom. I must admit this January is the most God awful month I can ever remember, this weather is just sooooooo depressing, a whole year of hard graft, everyone is skint, no one goes out.

What will you do to treat yourself today to get you through the day.

I am looking forward to a glass of Malt this evening and I may put on a cheery dvd.

Anyone else finding this month hard work.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Pay day today so that helps

Evenings getting noticibly lighter

er yeah apart from that , January has been a bit of a slog

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I'm buying Heat magazine and checking out what Brad Pitts up to :)

What will you do to treat yourself today to get you through the day.

Start packing my suitcase in readiness for my flight to Thailand on Saturday...bring on the crappiest weather this week I say which will make me appreciate the beach even more :D

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've got an interview for another job so that could make or break things

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Am I the only one who was hoping that this was going to be a thread about New Order's finest release?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Having been unemployed and doing a spot of temp work here and there since finishing uni in September, I am starting my first day of helping a friend run his company as a new job, have another job lined up with a recruitment agency to fall back on, and just booked a couple of nights in Dublin next week! All smiles here:)

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
im hopefully finishing my dissertation today after 5 months of grafting, just putting the finishing touches to the masterpiece in the hell hole that is the john rylands library as we speak

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Well my doctor has told me that my leg isn't healing so i am going to need another operation which means I can't return to work when i was hoping to, so therefore I'm going on half pay due to the length of my abscence which isn't going to cover my mortgage and the company I work for work have declared that they are moving production abroad so there is a 90% chance I'm going to lose my job anyway. All in all a pretty crap month actually.

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
Well my doctor has told me that my leg isn't healing so i am going to need another operation which means I can't return to work when i was hoping to, so therefore I'm going on half pay due to the length of my abscence which isn't going to cover my mortgage and the company I work for work have declared that they are moving production abroad so there is a 90% chance I'm going to lose my job anyway. All in all a pretty crap month actually.

Put my month in to context there...

Hopefully it'll all turn out peachy in the end

All the best.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
January has been mental for me on so many levels.

Pay day is Friday and I am limping towards the finishing line after 36 days of financial Haemorrage.

This year is when it all changes for me I tell ee'

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I'm feeling thoroughly cheery. No hand in plaster, rehearsals for pantomimes going jolly well, dog sleeping contentedly on chair next to me and second pot of tea of the day going down nicely.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Not too bad really. Getting a lot done and apart from the weather January has been okay. Not great but January is traditionally a flat month I suppose.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I've spanked all my money and got so drunk on Saturday I pissed the bed. Not been a great month and seems to be getting worse. Time to take a step back.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Having just seen the latest Footsie I do not feel so happy. It's going to be a rough year financially. Higher taxes and prices and any savings going down in real value.

Ah well. We have been here before so I suppose in 10 years time we will be feeling much better.

It's time for Neighbours soon and a cup of tea. That will cheer me up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here