Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blooms criteria....

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Reading between the lines with regards to the the various statements made by those connected to the club I'm not convinced we are limited to the "obvious" choices being touted around on here. Domestically the only 3 candidates free, available and matching TB's criteria would be Coppell, Curbishley and maybe Jewell.

The fact TB seems to be willing to be patient and still working on a shortlist suggests we are probably open to either poaching another teams manager or making a foreign appointment.

As part of his business interests TB has trusted advisors advising him of football matters across all the major leagues in Europe. To me this means the scope of our search is likely to be wider than before and we are sure to have greater access and intelligence on international candidates than ever before.

I'm thinking Hinsh may be around for a while yet....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
nobody wants us to run out at Falmer in the basement division, which is likly if Hinsh has more than a few games in charge.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Reading between the lines with regards to the the various statements made by those connected to the club I'm not convinced we are limited to the "obvious" choices being touted around on here. Domestically the only 3 candidates free, available and matching TB's criteria would be Coppell, Curbishley and maybe Jewell.

The fact TB seems to be willing to be patient and still working on a shortlist suggests we are probably open to either poaching another teams manager or making a foreign appointment.

As part of his business interests TB has trusted advisors advising him of football matters across all the major leagues in Europe. To me this means the scope of our search is likely to be wider than before and we are sure to have greater access and intelligence on international candidates than ever before.

I'm thinking Hinsh may be around for a while yet....

Well I think that is about right, having said that, if Coppell was open to the idea, he'd probably stop his search right there, wouldn't he?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I already have a ticket for the leeds game. I want the new man in charge by then!

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Where did you hear that?

It's not exactly a secret, numerous wealthy punters trust TB to "invest" funds in football betting - TB has a team of experts and risk managers advising him. Very professional setup.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
A few lessons learnt from last time I would think.

I'd imagine Coppell is target numero uno, but publically annoucing that didn't exactly work last time did it.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
A few lessons learnt from last time I would think.

I'd imagine Coppell is target numero uno, but publically annoucing that didn't exactly work last time did it.

To be fair, I seem to remember that Stockport posted a story on their website, announcing that they had given us permission to talk to Gannon, thus forcing Knight's hand into admitting that Gannon was favourite.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
To be fair, I seem to remember that Stockport posted a story on their website, announcing that they had given us permission to talk to Gannon, thus forcing Knight's hand into admitting that Gannon was favourite.

Yes, but mistakes were quite obviously made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here