Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom: I won't stand in Gus's way From The Argus

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Gus would be a reet plonker to go to Chelsea. At the moment he is a big fish in a small ponds, why goes to be a middle sized fish in a bottomless pit?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Bloom was asked a direct question and he answered it. It's not us "being prepared for bad news" as one of the respondents on the Argus page said - TB just answered a very predictable and boring question from the interviewer.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Jimthefirst, Brighton says...
5:36pm Thu 11 Nov 10
Oh Dear,it looks as if we are being prepared for bad news as far as Poyet and Lua Lua are concerned.Blooms comments could well result in a Premiership manager loosing his job.

There are some clueless people about aren't there?

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Good grief! I am one of the most pessimistic people you could ever hope not to meet, especially when it comes to the Albion, but even I can see this is a non-story, as is all this Chelsea talk.

Why go and be a yes man, in the hope you may get the Chelsea job, one day, assuming nothing changes, which it will?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
When Bloom starts saying that he will stand in Poyet's way is when we need to start worrying.

Naylor has just got to fill up his inches, hence this article.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Nice catchy title, Adrian29UK.

Totally agree with Chappers. I like to think that we are a club who is willing to back a manager to help him succeed, but willing to let him move on if the price is right.

I'd like to think that Poyet knows he has been trusted and will repay that trust. Afterall, we took a gamble with a managerial novice when it was important to at least make a move for promotion or certainly draw back the crowds with decent football and/or results.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
When Bloom starts saying that he will stand in Poyet's way is when we need to start worrying.

Naylor has just got to fill up his inches, hence this article.

Quite agree. It means this whole thing is a non starter. And secondly when people say they will stand in someone's way it only creates resentment.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
For f*** sake, don't start anymore threads until you can put a proper title. Seriously, what's wrong with you?

Sorry for the grumpy tone, but it is getting so irritating.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The clue is in the fact that Bloom is talking about working in the LONG TERM with Poyet which does not translate into "he's off to Chelsea" imo

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Also does Gus want to be looked upon as a manager who'll jump ship at the 1st opportunity, he's got a long career infront of him, everything is set up here for success. He'd be head mental to leave us right now!!!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I have been one of Naylor's staunchest defenders on here, in the sense that I think some of the criticism he gets is ignorant and unwarranted.

But at the moment I don't think he and the paper are acting responsibly at all. As someone said earlier, Bloom is just answering the question in a long interview, and it's been headlined. It is Naylor/the sports editor setting the agenda. Didn't the paper do exactly the same sort of story with Gus last week? It's like they are actively trying to move the bloke on, which is not right for a local paper.

If there is interest from a Premier League club and they are telling the readers about it however unpalatable, that is different. But it seems the Argus can't wait to run the story that he is off to West Ham or someone.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Let's face it, the chances of Chelsea changing manager anytime soon and "promoting his assistant" into the big job are so low as to not even warrant discussion. When Mourinho or Grant or Scolari went, how close were Clark or Wilkins to getting the job? Exactly.

There is no way Gus could possibly see the assistant job as a stepping stone to the managers job. Therefore, unless he wants to be a career no.2, or is motivated by money beyond his career progression, then I can't see this being any sort of possibility.

Bloom has just said the right thing. Saying "yes, I would block any move" is impossible to see through, and would only upset Gus who may well get offered a job that he desperately wants, even more than his current job, one day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here