Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloody Telly! Possibly A Few Thursday / Sunday Matches This Season?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I've just received my Albion Supporters' Club news letter.
Liz tells us as quoted;

"We learned last week of possible changes to the TV contracts for next season, not least the fact that many Championship matches will be televised on a Thursday - it could be the Saturday match brought forward to Thursday or a Tuesday/Wednesday match delayed until Thursday, (And, if this occurs, then the scheduled Saturday game will be moved to the Sunday!)"

Although this may only happen on a few occasions if any, I bet this buggers up a lot of peoples' arrangements. Once is once too many.
On the positive side, it gets us in to training for the Premier and Europa Leagues!!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Imagine if we ever reach the heights of the premership, games on any day of the week and at any time.

Still it does stink for people that have to travel and book cheap deals as earky as pos.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Good news for me, should mean I can get to more games.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Who has the rights to the champoinship games, is it still Sky, with the BBC showing the odd midland derby.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Hopefully this means more live Albion games being shown in the States for supporters living there

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Just Sky has rights this season.

Personally if's a question of Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday i'd much rather a thursday. The trains are so bad knowing it's only more day till the weekend would be much better

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why have you stated 'this season' when the thread is clearly about next?
Bearing in mind we played on every day of the week, before Christmas, last season.
I don't see what the major difference will be for next season.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
i wonder what leeds fans will think about playing half their games on a Thursday.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I've just received my Albion Supporters' Club news letter.
Liz tells us as quoted;

"We learned last week of possible changes to the TV contracts for next season, not least the fact that many Championship matches will be televised on a Thursday - it could be the Saturday match brought forward to Thursday or a Tuesday/Wednesday match delayed until Thursday, (And, if this occurs, then the scheduled Saturday game will be moved to the Sunday!)"

Although this may only happen on a few occasions if any, I bet this buggers up a lot of peoples' arrangements. Once is once too many.
On the positive side, it gets us in to training for the Premier and Europa Leagues!!

If this happens it would probably indicate we are doing well on or around the top of the league. Personally it's not a problem for me but I can understand it can affect others that have to travel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here