Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloody Neighbours

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Tonight a couple of young lads a few doors away were thinking it was fine to throw their empty beer bottles from the top floor window into the street, smashing glass onto the road and pavement below.

After the first went (which I didn't see actually thrown) I went outside and shouted up at them to pack it in.

They denied it was them, I got a bit of abuse and went back inside. Half an hour later more bottles were flying out the window.

With the road full of glass and me having to pop out and tell very surprised drivers not to park their car outside because of the raining bottles, we had little choice but to ring the police.

Anyway - all credit to the two WPCs that dealt with the incident. We've just the pleasure and amusement of watching two sorry looking lads being made to clean the road with a dustpan and brush.

:lol:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I used to live in a block of flats and every night, some twat would have ONE can of lager and throw the empty tin out of his back window, which would then rattle about in the wind till muggins here went out and squashed the fucker flat :dunce:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That's the sort of summary justice I approve of. Reminds me of that scene in the Young Ones where Vivian says that he's just off to block the loos up on the train for no reason and Mike says "always wondered what type of person does that".

Knobs with no respect, that who.

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
Tonight a couple of young lads a few doors away were thinking it was fine to throw their empty beer bottles from the top floor window into the street, smashing glass onto the road and pavement below.

After the first went (which I didn't see actually thrown) I went outside and shouted up at them to pack it in.

They denied it was them, I got a bit of abuse and went back inside. Half an hour later more bottles were flying out the window.

With the road full of glass and me having to pop out and tell very surprised drivers not to park their car outside because of the raining bottles, we had little choice but to ring the police.

Anyway - all credit to the two WPCs that dealt with the incident. We've just the pleasure and amusement of watching two sorry looking lads being made to clean the road with a dustpan and brush.

:lol:
f***ing killjoy

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
f***ing killjoy

Yeah you're right, I would sleeped soundly tonight knowing one had hit one the of the kids who play in the road :)

Really wierd behaivour as it goes. Middle class kids in their 20s, seating in their lounge on the third floor, having a beer and throwing the bottles out the window. In broad daylight.

Surprised they didn't nick them to be honest.

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
Clapham Gull fair play for what you did, you should've took photos of the lads cleaning the glass up so we could have a good laugh at what dickheads they are!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
kids who play in the road hhmmmmm ok

Riding their bikes about, kicking a ball around - no bother to anybody.

Maybe I should express it in a simpler language you'll understand. I'd love to see your reaction if your car had taken one.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
kids who play in the road hhmmmmm ok

If you read his first post the glass was also on the pavement. Add to that the fact that if you want to get from one side of the road to the other you need to cross it. This means that for the duration of said crossing you are in the road. This is before we even touch on the idea that it was glass bottles being thrown from the 3rd floor.

Lastly how do you know that it is not a quiet little side road? I used to live in a cul-de-sac when I was little and we all used to play in the road. When a car was coming we would stop playing, move out the way and let the car past. Never got hit, never got in trouble.

From you post I am lead to believe one of two things about you. Either you was one of the people throwing the bottles, or two you can not see anything wrong with it. Either way it makes you a sad person.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Nice one Clapham. Totally approve; the little twats should have been made to clean up using their teeth in a Portlock-world :clap:

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
If you read his first post the glass was also on the pavement. Add to that the fact that if you want to get from one side of the road to the other you need to cross it. This means that for the duration of said crossing you are in the road. This is before we even touch on the idea that it was glass bottles being thrown from the 3rd floor.

Lastly how do you know that it is not a quiet little side road? I used to live in a cul-de-sac when I was little and we all used to play in the road. When a car was coming we would stop playing, move out the way and let the car past. Never got hit, never got in trouble.

From you post I am lead to believe one of two things about you. Either you was one of the people throwing the bottles, or two you can not see anything wrong with it. Either way it makes you a sad person.

:clap::clap::clap:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
well done clapham,a least you asked/told them to "to pack it in" .You did the right thing. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Fair play Mr Clapham, couldent do that round here ! i did something like that once got my van windows smashed ! and No fecker thanks you anyway.....

More like the locals saying "who does he think he is !! telling the police that our kids are chasing other kids with knives mid afternoon on a sunny sunday, there just messing about......!"

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Years ago when I lived in a narrow terraced street in Brighton I was looking out the window when a youngster picked up an empty milk bottle from a doorstep opposite and deliberately smashed it on the pavement.

I was out straight away with a dustpan and brush and made the lad clear up every piece while I stood over him. The fact he cut himself while doing it made my task that bit more pleasurable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A guy a few doors down the road has written to the council to complain about their neighbours noisy love making.
The council then wrote to the couple concerned causing much embarrassment.

I can't wait to get the full story.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I remember a few years back my little brother was walking down our old street in Brighton and he noticed a milk bottle lying on its side and about to roll off the doorstep of the terraced house it was left outside.

In his haste to stand it upright he dropped it and smashed it on the pavement. Worse still some old git opposite came over gave him a right telling off and gave him a dustpan and brush forcing him to clean it up. He was too scared to argue and made things worse when he cut himself on the glass. The old git didn't even give him a plaster despite the 8 stitches and 5 hrs spent in A&E that night.

To this day he still can't drink milk and has mental and real scars for life.

:)

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I remember a few years back my little brother was walking down our old street in Brighton and he noticed a milk bottle lying on its side and about to roll off the doorstep of the terraced house it was left outside.

In his haste to stand it upright he dropped it and smashed it on the pavement. Worse still some old git opposite came over gave him a right telling off and gave him a dustpan and brush forcing him to clean it up. He was too scared to argue and made things worse when he cut himself on the glass. The old git didn't even give him a plaster despite the 8 stitches and 5 hrs spent in A&E that night.

To this day he still can't drink milk and has mental and real scars for life.

:)

Nice one:lolol:. I'm guessing he hasn't smashed any milk bottles since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here