Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloody Jobsworths

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Had a card put through the letterbox today from the binmen.

"We have not collected all of your refuse today because" (pto)

Tick boxes - Because your refuse was not left at the front of your property.

Now forgive me, but would it not actually have taken them longer to presumably go back to the lorry, get a card, write it out and then walk to our front door anyway to put the bloody card through the letterbox !

:censored:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
where was it left?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Did you leave it on an island amid a crocodile infested lake?

They get funny about that sometimes?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
They wouldn't empty ours because we left it 3 ft from the pavement on our garden path instead of leaving it on the very narrow pavement blocking it so pedestrians had to walk in the road:wozza:.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Count yourself lucky they come at all.

I have to take my rubbish to the wheelie bins at the end of the road

Alonso Moseley

Jun 16, 2008
Those wheelie bins (big black ones) are all over my area now (up from Btn station) and there's one directly outside, which so far has attracted three mattresses this week...
and people make a helluva noise chucking things in.
Apart from that it's all good.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
They wouldn't empty ours because we left it 3 ft from the pavement on our garden path instead of leaving it on the very narrow pavement blocking it so pedestrians had to walk in the road:wozza:.

You could be sued by someone bumping into it (deliberately or not) if you leave it on the pavement. Refuse to pay your council tax until they sort it.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I did complain even sent them photos showing how close it was but we moved so it didn't matter.

Mind you at the new place they now still leave it on the pavement instead of putting it on the porchway presumably because they are not allowed to lift it up one step despite the fact that its emty

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
My recycling boxes/food waste has to be left on the High St and we got a letter saying that we should not leave it on the High St for fear of creating a tripping hazard. :shrug:

Previously they would not take it if the box was 'infected' with non-recyclable materials. Normally some jackass would drop a bit of litter in it and therefore render the box 'non-collectable'. I shall calculate how much I paid for the service and then send the council a note demanding a refund (and cost of postage/time spent resolving).

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Now forgive me, but would it not actually have taken them longer to presumably go back to the lorry, get a card, write it out and then walk to our front door anyway to put the bloody card through the letterbox !

You cant expect dustmen to pick up rubbish and walk with it the poor love's might hurt themselves, Useless tossers.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

Was there a tick box for "Because you did not give us a tip at Christmas"?

They are trying to instill discipline into you, to always put your rubbish outside where it's safer, quicker, and easier for them.
How would it be if EVERYONE left their bins inside and expected them to enter the property, evade the mad Rottweiler, manoeuvre (eff off spell-check!) around the bicycle rockery and pond and other objects to get the bloody bin out (with it spilling the crammed contents on the way), then take it back to where it was? *(while you whinge to the council that your precious petunias got size-12'd into subterrania)

They'd be all day on your street.
So, get your act together and play by the rules they requested, and you get your bin emptied.
Amazing how it works in our society! :clap2:

Last edited:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
This is thread is going to turn into the following:

Dustmen are wankers.

No they're not.

Yes they are.

**repeat to fade**

Look, the fact is, they should have collected your rubbish THEN put a polite letter through your door asking you to put it on the pavement in the future..

Simple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here