Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloody hell - Tony Wilson

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Shit

RIP Tony

don't forget Durutti column, the railway children, the hacienda nightclub.

Bizarrely the Mondays band members were paying for his cancer drugs treatment.

RIP Anthony H Wilson you legend.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
RIP - if you havent seen it already watch 24hr party people with Steve Coogan.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
tonight, I shall be playing Factory Record artists as a tribute.

Might even dig out the Fall's version of lost in music - aah

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Very sad. Loads of charisma and a multi-talented man who got a lot out of his 57 years.

Was he actually involved with the Fall though? I think MES was in 24 Hour Party People but I'm not sure what the link was, if any.

He certainly promoted a gig I went to once a Salford college where the Fall supported Joy Division. My brother and sister made me leave half way through the fall set and as I was 15 and had no money I couldn't argue too much.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well TW wasn't nowt to do with The Fall, record-wise, but they shared the same Manc space in the second half of the Seventies and had a snotty superior Manc-type grudging respect for each other.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The Fall weren't signed to Factory but played the Hacienda countless times. AHW was unstinting in his admiration for Mark E Smith.

I just wanted to play the Fall so went for a tenuous link to justify playing them!

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Sorry about this folks; but I'm afraid I met him once when he was invited to speak at a conference I was indirectly involved in organising. He was rude to several people who didn't deserve it and almost everyone I know who was involved that day went away with the impression 'arrogant tosser'. I don't care if you single handedly invented Madchester or whatever, politeness would have cost you nothing, mate!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here