Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blimey that was rubbish

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Not often I moan but I really did not enjoy that one tonight. Atmosphere or performance. Were the players minds on Liverpool or what? It seemed that there were so many unforced errors and poor individual performances. Let that be an end of that. Not feeling the love tonight!

Roll on the next match and the rest of the season.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Just an off night, it happens sometimes. Played poorly but still had enough character to twice come from behind.
Onwards and upwards.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
i liked the atmosphere all the same, always get chatting to a fellow match goer next to me, more often than not about the shenanigans of before the 10th minute albion, who take a while to wake up. It's a right laugh.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Not often I moan but I really did not enjoy that one tonight. Atmosphere or performance. Were the players minds on Liverpool or what? It seemed that there were so many unforced errors and poor individual performances. Let that be an end of that. Not feeling the love tonight!

Summed it up perfectly for me too.

Afraid Poyet got it wrong tonight. Three forwards on the pitch....three forwards on the bench.....no midfielders on the bench. Poor team selection...IMHO.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Deffo the worst gme this season IMO, starting 11 were poor, the subs gus made were poor, formation... what was the formation?, the crowd lets face it, we were bad, chicken and ham pie very poor (they have put something in it), TBH Id rather see palace beat us 1-3 again atleast we played better, sung better & the pies were tasted better.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea

I agree with all of this, except not feeling the love.

I ALWAYS feel the love.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Summed it up perfectly for me too.

Afraid Poyet got it wrong tonight. Three forwards on the pitch....three forwards on the bench.....no midfielders on the bench. Poor team selection...IMHO.

yep 100% Poyet's fault. Not sure what he set the side up to do. All play through middle or the ball kicked from the sideline form an angle that created zero danger.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Deffo the worst gme this season IMO, starting 11 were poor, the subs gus made were poor, formation... what was the formation?, the crowd lets face it, we were bad, chicken and ham pie very poor (they have put something in it), TBH Id rather see palace beat us 1-3 again atleast we played better, sung better & the pies were tasted better.

Im just grateful now that I didnt have a pie. That would have just topped off the night!:facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Millwall wanted it more than us and Gus team selection didn't help. WTF happened to Dunk, never seen so many misplaced passes from him. Lucky to get a point and the 1st game this season I haven't enjoyed.

TigheRade

Feb 3, 2012
Poor performance but we are still unbeaten. The never say die attitude of the players is something we can be very proud of.

Good point considering how we played and the fact we were behind twice. Anyone that booed at HT and complains too much after tonight needs o remember how spoiled we have been as Albion fans over past twelve months.

Promoted as Champions of League 1, new ground, beating two premiership sides in one season, Liverpool away at the weekend, unbeaten in 2012 and millions spent on players. I remember the struggle to get the funds for Zamora and now look where we are.

Bad day at the office but a point gained IMO.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Poor all round tonight, he picked a more Attacking team away at Leeds? All seemed strange tonight, crowd were very quite, even my bottle of fosters was warm. Still happy seagull though

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No doubt that this was all down to Gus he made basic mistakes.

1. We had 2 central defenders neither of whom can head a ball and should have taken one off and brought on El Abd.
2. In the 2nd half they attacked down their left side and destroyed us Gus should have kept Reyes on and moved him to right back and taken off Calderon his defensive ability isnt good enough.
3. We started off with too compact a formation and should have started with either Noone or Lua Lua as Buckley wasn't fit. Had Buckley been fit I assume he would have started so why change the formation when it is easier to change the players.

When he made the substitutions he brought on Adgestein who looked totally out of his depth and Noone then didn't play the ball to him but was fortunate and got out of jail with Lua Lua.

Our general approach play was too slow and we needed to whip the ball in with speed instead of just lobbing it in which is easy meat to a central defender. Our defence looks static without El Abd to command it and organise it.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

I'm sorry, but like f*** was it the worst game this season. We played far, far better than against Doncaster, Gillingham, Blackpool and Palace at home; Portsmouth, Bristol City, Leicester, Ipswich, Birmingham, Millwall, Watford, Coventry, Middlesbrough, Reading and Wrexham away.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Millwall were just a big awkward team to play against, like Stoke or Carlisle last season. They moved the ball about pretty well also.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
No doubt that this was all down to Gus he made basic mistakes.

1. We had 2 central defenders neither of whom can head a ball and should have taken one off and brought on El Abd.
2. In the 2nd half they attacked down their left side and destroyed us Gus should have kept Reyes on and moved him to right back and taken off Calderon his defensive ability isnt good enough.
3. We started off with too compact a formation and should have started with either Noone or Lua Lua as Buckley wasn't fit. Had Buckley been fit I assume he would have started so why change the formation when it is easier to change the players.

When he made the substitutions he brought on Adgestein who looked totally out of his depth and Noone then didn't play the ball to him but was fortunate and got out of jail with Lua Lua.

Our general approach play was too slow and we needed to whip the ball in with speed instead of just lobbing it in which is easy meat to a central defender. Our defence looks static without El Abd to command it and organise it.

Agree with all of the that. Our worst performance of the season for me. Still undefeated this year though. Will settle for that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here