Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blayney update

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
For those that have seen the offical confirmation that MM is close to signing a new keeper I can confirm it is Blayney. He was in for talks with Mcghee last week and we've been negotiating terms since then. Nothing agreed but we are close. No idea if we've made a bid to Saints but seeing as they allowed him to pull out of a friendly to enter discussions I would guess a fee is agreed.

Also i've heard we've made an enquiry for an out of contract, old but very well known defender.

Last edited:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Scarface said:
Old but well known...hmmm. Could it be the return of Martin Keown?! (If he hasnt retired or signed for someone else!)

I don't know who it is but that was my guess after looking who's available.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Steve Foster?!?!?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
razor ruddock?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
You're thinking of Yelldell, Ernest! Blayney kept us in the division.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Albion Dan said:
Keown would be a disaster imo! Did nothing but cause trouble at Leicester and Reading.

he is way past it, although the thought of seeing him pushing around andy johnson after he misses a penalty against us does make it tempting

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
y2dave said:
For those that have seen the offical confirmation that MM is close to signing a new keeper I can confirm it is Blayney. He was in for talks with Mcghee last week and we've been negotiating terms since then. Nothing agreed but we are close. No idea if we've made a bid to Saints but seeing as they allowed him to pull out of a friendly to enter discussions I would guess a fee is agreed.

Also i've heard we've made an enquiry for an out of contract, old but very well known defender.

Good news about Blayney, definitely sounds like Martin Keown.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here