Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blair on SCR

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Just about to ask the same question, I only caught the last 5 minutes, just wondered about any falmer question put to the Prime Minister.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
He did say that he understood the fans frustration but if he made any comment he woud be in trouble in legal terms and it would not help our campaign .
Did not mention the nimbys campaign!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gaffer said:
He did say that he understood the fans frustration but if he made any comment he woud be in trouble in legal terms and it would not help our campaign .
Did not mention the nimbys campaign!!

I find that quite positive.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Well done DO. That's pretty good stuff
from Blair. He's a lawyer. He knows that by saying something out of turn he could stuff up our case. Fair play to him, to be honest (and that's the first time I've expressed a pro-Blair sentiment on NSC).

nomad

Jan 3, 2005
all over the place
what else could he have said. I personally think theres alot of positive things in there - but he will be very adept at making any positives really shine through without saying anything IYSWIM.

He's the PM - he can;t be making decisions or say someting under public pressure - else it automatically creates injustice for other affected parties. (in this case NIMBYS etc).

Much as i hate them for pushing this so long - id rather live in a society whereby this can all be conduted (as far as it can) fairly and that everyone gets their say and legal right.

Phew ...

Blair in competent mode.

I don't know how much those questioners realised that they could have been threatening all the good work that has been done over the past few years.

If Blair had said anything, I am certain that a YES decision by Prescott would have been challenged in the Courts. And that would have meant at least another year's delay (or worse).

The peculiar thing here is you have Blair giving the correct advice on not jeopardising the pro-stadium campaign to supporters of Brighton and Hove Albion :lolol:

I think you're a shit leader of my party Blair, but you got this spot on :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lush

Mods' Pet
Lord Bracknell said:
Phew ...

Blair in competent mode.

I don't know how much those questioners realised that they could have been threatening all the good work that has been done over the past few years.

If Blair had said anything, I am certain that a YES decision by Prescott would have been challenged in the Courts. And that would have meant at least another year's delay (or worse).

So why was Tim Carder on here yesterday encouraging people to phone in? He must have been VERY confident that Blair would answer correctly, so that we would get a reminder to Blair of our cause and publicity for the stadium without jeopardising the enquiry.

The History Man

Aug 16, 2003
Brighton
Of course Blair was not going to say anything stupid or prejudicial. Give him some credit.

In any case, he will have been briefed on the local issues by his advisers, and told what to say. He had already been asked about Falmer on camera by Celia Barlow, the Hove Labour candidate.

Besides, he will not have fogotten last September when he was asked about Falmer in at least two interviews and came out with (correct) non-committal replies. Plus the occasion when Paul Samrah and I asked him at the Royal Albion Hotel - similarly, a non-committal reply.

The point was to ensure that a Falmer question was asked and that the PM is kept fully aware of what a big issue it is in the area. Well done DO!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here