Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blair could be finally on his way....

...according to Sun 1st edition, reliable on Blair gossip if nothing else, although we will have to wait until May because the **** wants to hang on till his 10th year office party.

Labour might have some chance in '09 after all.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
[

Labour might have some chance in '09 after all. [/B][/QUOTE]
hope the f*** not

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
That'll please the local MPs then. Cameron is supposed to be storming London according to the most recent polls and the electoral make-up of Pavilion and parts of Hove are very similar to quite a few London constituencies. Mind you, Brown may not be the solution according to the most recent poll showing the Tory turnaround. Brown will have quite a task to reunite the party, particularly if the Blairites snipe behind the scenes as some of them are likely to do. Also they have got to face elections in Scotland and Wales next year, where the SNP and PC are likely to do very well. What got me, though, was the idea for a grand tour. At least Thatcher just went and you heard no more of her after a short while. Yuk!!:sick:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
supaseagull said:
Lets hope so...it'll be the only chance we got of getting Falmer if a decision hasn't been made by then!

What worries me here is that there is a full election in Brighton and Hove next year. If the Tories take the last seat in Hangleton and Knoll and can win Goldsmid back, they deprive Labour of the council leadership. If, and lets hope not, Falmer does go pear shaped and we do have to search for an alternative (sorry, Large One, I'm not nearly as optimistic as you are), a Tory-led council is hardly likely to be as sympathetic to us, seeing what the old Hove Council was like.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Mid term opinion polls and bi-elections(no Easy that isn't an election for people who have sec for men & women!) are meaningless. I remember in 83, 87 & 92 half way thorugh term Labour would have won an election hands down and yet on all three occasions Thatcher & Major won General Elections.

The last year is the first time since coming to power that Labour has been behind in the polls which like them or loathe them is quite an achievement for a government who have been in power this long.

I just hope that Gordon Brown isn't gonna be PM - he's so dull :yawn:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Easy 10 said:
Thats the first time I've seen LI say ****.
And he's right. Blair is responsible for thousands of deaths, hoodwinking an entire nation into war and achieving a lot less than he promised and was once on course to deliver IMO.

Good riddance.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This whole Blair 'legacy' thing would make me laugh it wasn't so pathetic.

If his 'advisors' truely believe that in years to come the name "Tony Blair" won't be immediatley followed by the words "Weapons of Mass Destruction" "Dodgey Dossier" "Illegal War" and "Dr David Kelly" then they are even more stupid than we already think.

Blair's legacy lies in military graves up and down the country, plus the one in Oxfordshire where David Kelly is buried. Whether Blair likes it or not.

If he really plans a 12 month farewell junket around the country to 'secure his legacy to the nation' I hope the Labour Party are footing the bill for flights / accommodation / security etc etc.

Somehow I doubt it though. Looks like you and me are paying. Again. :angry: :angry: :angry:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Good riddance to bad rubbish, and I hope the man over here who holds the poodle's leash meets a similar fate, though with Congress as it is presently situated, it's not likely.

Blair's not a stupid man -- it's going to give historians fits in the years to come as they try to figure out what the hell Blair was thinking when he threw in his lot with Junta Boy and the Cowboy Crusade.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
London Irish said:
...according to Sun 1st edition, reliable on Blair gossip if nothing else, although we will have to wait until May because the **** wants to hang on till his 10th year office party.

Aving a laugh.Labour will be booted out at the next election

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
London Irish said:

I do hope not! :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lokki 7 said:
And that's the first time I've seen Simster say LI is right.
He is often right, just rarely about football - and that's because he's only followed the "footer" for about 3 years so I'll forgive his naiivity.

It's usually his arrogant manner that gets on my nerves, not the content on most other things he posts

London Irish said:

:lolol:
Victory.gif

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Easy 10 said:
Thats the first time I've seen LI say ****.

What concerns me is LI`s use of the word ****. I mean is this a fair term to descibe a man who along with George Bush is responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent people.A man who has left a country with such a vacuum that bloodshed may continue unabated for the next twenty years leaving death and destruction on a scale we can only recoil in horror at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here