Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool Manager

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
SSN reporting Blackpool have made an approach to MK Dons about getting karl robinson. Yesterday they got permission from Dundee United to speak to their manager.

I wonder if Houston turned them down, if so wouldn't that worry you if you were a Blackpool fan. If not, how many clubs are blackpool planning on unsettling at any one time?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd be well pissed off as a Blackpool fan, they seem to be sliding back from whence they came a few years ago as their managers get cherry picked. Twice this season already, how pissed would you be if that was happening to us??

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Slightly off topic. How does appleton keep getting these jobs, I see nothing in his record to date.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Slightly off topic. How does appleton keep getting these jobs, I see nothing in his record to date.

Was thinking the same thing, just checked his Wikipedia page and his win percentage is 23%. Fairly shocking. He doesn't exactly strike you as the most inspiring or charismatic bloke either, neither did he achieve much as a footballer :shrug:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Anyone else see Danny Murphy's reaction to what do you think of your new manager after the Wolves game, he basically replied 'never heard of him'

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Karl Robinson won't go there, he probably already earns more at MK.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'd be well pissed off as a Blackpool fan, they seem to be sliding back from whence they came a few years ago as their managers get cherry picked. Twice this season already, how pissed would you be if that was happening to us??

Cherry picked?

Holloway walked
Appleton walked
Houston appears ro have also voted with his feet.

I think I might be asking questions about their boardroom. Is odious Oyston still in charge?

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
SSN reporting Blackpool have made an approach to MK Dons about getting karl robinson. Yesterday they got permission from Dundee United to speak to their manager.

I wonder if Houston turned them down, if so wouldn't that worry you if you were a Blackpool fan. If not, how many clubs are blackpool planning on unsettling at any one time?
Their managerial situation is starting to have a look of Wolverhampton Wanderers about it. Whoever they end up with might well be 5th or 6th choice

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
SSN now reporting MK Dons has denied them permission to speak to him.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Now reporting Birmingham refused them permission to speak to Lee Clark as well.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Oyston coining in the parachute payments without investing a penny in the team and letting the decent players leave.

Let Holloway and Appleton go (probably got decent compensation for both!).

Oyston totally to blame.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As well as having to deal with the chairman Oilyston, the potential of Blackpool Football Club is pretty limited so it's hardly the most attractive job.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yesterday on ssn Houston denied having contact with Blackpool, saying contact was only between chairmen.

It is today being reported that Houston will leave Dundee Utd at the end of the season. No word on if he will then join Blackpool, or if it's unrelated.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Cherry picked?

Holloway walked
Appleton walked
Houston appears ro have also voted with his feet.

I think I might be asking questions about their boardroom. Is odious Oyston still in charge?

Isn't it because they only offer one year rolling deals to their managers? Hence they all walk out when a longer term offer is on the table?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here