Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn Rovers FC & their Fans

keithbeaky

Dec 26, 2011
Obviously you all know the situation up there? That Kean got the job before Allardyce got the sack? That Kean's agent is running Blackburn

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not brainwashed by the press. Venkys are f king the club and Keane has taken them down. Suprised they have not ahd more protests. We would !!

Quite. At the end of the day if Blackburn supporters feel that the current owners are not up to the job and getting shot of them is higher up their list of priorities than Premier League survival then it's up to them. From where I stand Venky's have royally f***ed up. When they took over they were doing alright and had Big Sam as manager. Now they have been relegated with a novice in charge. To me, their current predicament is more down to the owners than dissent from the fans.

In some threads NSC has been highly critical of Pompey fans being silent whilst numerous shady types took over and destroyed the club. Blackburn fans pro-actively stand up to the board and get criticised for doing so.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
I genuinely fear for Blackburn. Many on here may be too young to remember them before Walker started splashing the cash and they were a Premiership side. Any Parachute payments will be offset by a dramatic fall in attendances (which are not great anyway). They will quickly have to adjust their wage bill, way beyond that of a Wolves.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
agree with some of the previous sentiments. Kean was hired under very strange circumstances by Venkys, and he was linked through his agent, therefore, he is part of the problem. Blackburn fans have every right to slate him as they may not have been in that position right now if Big Sam was still at the club.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Pretty sure Venkys will be gone this time next season. Club fully asset stripped. 10k attending home games . L1 football a possibility

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Apparently the clubs financing has been moved to an Indian bank. The owners don't turn up at meetings or matches. The club staff have to fly out to India for meetings including Keane. Bonkers way to run a club.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
If Brighton fans had taken that very poor advice I am highly confident we would no longer have a club to support.

Why? What good is protesting against the manager and booing when players are on the pitch going to do.

I was there with the "Archer out" mini-banners and it's clear that that's against the people running the club, not against the players and manager.

I'm no Kean fan and I understand protesting before and after the game but during won't help the players get the results that are needed.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Why? What good is protesting against the manager and booing when players are on the pitch going to do.

I was there with the "Archer out" mini-banners and it's clear that that's against the people running the club, not against the players and manager.

I'm no Kean fan and I understand protesting before and after the game but during won't help the players get the results that are needed.

The before and after the game didnt get the covereage.

We are discussing on here . . . . . proof enough they are right

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
MOTD/FLS often shows outside ground protests.

Even so, should they not be protesting against Venkys during the game rather than the management?

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!

Yeah but they weren't against the team. The fact that Paul Robinson was quite happily shaking hands with those who had invaded the pitch is probably a good sign of that.

Kean deserves to be booed. He wasn't just being booed because he was getting bad results with the team, but also because he is part of a very major problem within the club. He is the reason the players didn't want to play, he has been the cause of a lot of changing room arguments. The fact the players have been going for Kean (from what I heard N'Zonzi actually tried to punch his lights out) is not the fans fault, it's his fault!

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
More than meets the eye to this. Venky's took over Blackburn with advice from Jerome Anderson, who just so happens to be the agent of Steve Kean. One of Kean's earliest signings was Myles Anderson who was good enough by the age of 21 to have played 120 seconds for Aberdeen and be released by Leyton Orient without coming anywhere near the first team. Myles, is Jerome's son.

Interesting that Portsmouth's fans are derided for having done nothing whilst Blackburn's who are making their views very clear are also derided.

A million times this! I do also feel the media has influenced the way people view the Blackburn fans. Have been portraying Kean as the good guy and the fans as the bad guys. When really the fans are frustrated at the fact their club is being dismantled before their very eyes.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
MOTD/FLS often shows outside ground protests.

Even so, should they not be protesting against Venkys during the game rather than the management?

Keane has been barracking fans and almost acting as a mask for the Venkys though. Why the Venkys haven't been hammered in the press i dont know. Has to be due to Ferguson putting his 2 pence worth into the Keane arguement.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If the Blackburn fans hadn't been protesting during games we wouldn't have a thread on it at all never mind a 4 page one. I'm with Easy 10 and Dougal here. Football doesn't need owners like Venky's. Blackburn are being shafted.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Pretty sure Venkys will be gone this time next season. Club fully asset stripped. 10k attending home games . L1 football a possibility

They will have found their level then.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can't understand the press's backing of Kean. No doubt they'll be singing his praises again when he announces he is "bravely staying on" despite the abuse, when the sole reason the guy isn't walking is because he's sitting on a juicy £1.5m a year contract for the next 3 or 4 years. Hardly going to walk out on that, is he.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I absolutely do not blame the Blackburn fans reaction and behaviour towards Kean and the oweners since the Venkeys took charge, it is entirely justified.

They binned Allardyce when they were comfortable midtable, installed a STOOGE in Kean who would never dare criticise the owners or make any waves, announced ridiculous nonsensical grandiose plans of challenging for a Champions League spot, made misguided and embarrassing noises about bringing in Beckham, then made £5m available in the transfer window and said any further additions would have to be loans. They rarely if ever appear in the UK, they do not consult the Board on any decisions (the sakcing of Allardyce and installation of Kean was done with zero consultation). Any meetings with Kean involve him flying out to India. They've heaped further embarrassment and humiliation on the club using the players in cringeworthy TV ad's for their chickens.

They have bought Blackburn Rovers with no understanding whatsoever of its history or culture, and with no clue of what is involved in running a Premier League club. Venkeys have taken BRFC down, ably assisted by Steve Kean, and now they are all stuck with each other in the Championship.

If I was a Blackburn fan, I would be going disco mental at the lot of them. They have utterly ruined that club.

Saved me a bit of typing. THIS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here