Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn have turned down an improved £3 million bid for Marshall

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I am wondering if all the paper talk of over inflated offers for Dunk is affecting Blackburn's valuation? I suspect so. Afterall, if a decent centre back is worth 5m, then logic says one of the better wingers in the league will be worth more than that.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Is he really worth £3m? I am sure there must be others available as good and perhaps cheaper, any suggestions? Lewis Grabban?

He is worth considerably more...around £4.5-£5 mil in today's football economy. Hence the comment I made in another thread about getting fed up with the club allegedly offering stupidly derisory amounts for highly rated players.

If Dunk, as a defender is worth in excess of £4 mil then Marshall is worth far more as a winger/attacker.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ha! Oh come on, we have the dosh after the clear out of good players.

We're already (maybe) approaching the largest transfer fee we've ever paid. I don't see his signing is likely to bring us promotion.
Sorry to be a party poop.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He is worth considerably more...around £4.5-£5 mil in today's football economy... stupidly derisory amounts...

A £4.5/£5m signing for Marshall would, i think, make it the biggest or joint biggest signing by a Championship club in the transfer window so far...
And there have been relatively few that are £3m+ .Even £3m, the current reported offer, makes it Albion's 2nd biggest signing of all time. Derisory ?
(Downing was reportedly £5m, Ince - £4.75m).

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Given this is likely a season of 'potential' rather than glorious success or abject failure, I'd rather we spent a similar amount on two stars of the future/lower league gambles.
Players like Murphy and Alireza, for instance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here