Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackberry Storm

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Anyone got it and what is your opinion of this phone please?

Thanks

:thumbsup:

The heir to the Bracknell title was involved in Vodaphone's UK launch of the Storm. "Good, but not that much better than the Bold" was what he told me - just after I'd got my Bold.

Dunno whether he was just being kind to his old dad, though.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I think Imay get one, need to know if I can connect it to my network outlook email at work or not which is the main reason I want it, to help me with work comms

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Does anybody on here post on NSC off their blackberry? I am toying with the idea of upgrading, but am only willing to do so if it allow me to surf 'tinternet.

[edit] - like properly surf the internet, not wait for ages for a crappy 'mobile internet/wap' page to load up.

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The Storm is a pile of crap. Avoid at all costs. If you want me to explain my comments, I'd be glad to go into detail. But AVOID.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I post on NSC from my iPhone. Flawless!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think Imay get one, need to know if I can connect it to my network outlook email at work or not which is the main reason I want it, to help me with work comms

All you need is Activesynch installing. Most of the places I would at that don't have Blackberry Servers will install Activesynch but offer no more support after that.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
What is better between the Balckburrey Storm and the Iphone?

I have a choice of the two next week

I got an iPhone a couple of days ago, and it's absolutely fantastic. My dad on the other hand had a blackberry but stopped using it cos he hated it so much.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I used to have a Blackberry with a qwerty keyboard which was great although big. The Blackberry Pearl was crap as the 'pearl' ball got stuck every so often which meant navigating the screen sucked. I've heard the Storm has very ropey software, but not used it. The iPhone, on the other had, is great! Just easy.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've just got myself the LG Cookie. Looks nice, looking forward to playing with it tonight. Anyone else got/had one?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Negatives
1. Keyboard typing is clunky at best. You can change the click rate but as you have to press the whole screen in (not like the iPhone at all) it's annoying. I know I'm an old git, but I could type messages a lot faster with previous Blackberry models
2. When you are on a call, if you accidentally press the screen in, you activate the speaker, happened lots of time
3. The software frequently goes nuts, all you can do is take the Battery out
4. Vodafone - shit coverage in mid sussex (certainly where I live)
5. Sound is flakey, often difficult to hear what is being said (not just me reported this, several colleagues too)
6. Dialling from contact list - slow and cumbersome
7. Battery life is shite, have to recharge every day - previous Blackberry would last a week
before needing to recharge
8. Lots more,cant be bothered to type any more

Positives
Nice wide screen for fast web browsing on 3G

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Needless to say the iPhone wins hands down, as someone who has both (iPhone personal, BB Storm for business - but not for much longer!)

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Is this the new blackberry that is exclusive to Vodafone?

If so it is very chunky, has a sub standard camera feature and the internet browser is extremely slow.
I have a Nokia N95 which admittedly is quite bulky but it has a very powerful processor and a very quick internet browser it is also very easy to synchronize with your emails, the newer N96 is supposed to be very good too. It has the added bonus of being fully compatible with flash and other derivatives so you can watch things like the bbc I player, 4 on demand, virgin media and apparently Sky channels through their new online service!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If you buy an iPhone and don't like it after a month. I will personally eat my proverbial hat. Do it :thumbsup:

Quite. I DARE anyone to not like it. The onscreen keyboard is fantastic and I can type on it just as quick as on a regular keyboard. No need for horrible QWERTY cluttering up the place.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Quite. I DARE anyone to not like it. The onscreen keyboard is fantastic and I can type on it just as quick as on a regular keyboard. No need for horrible QWERTY cluttering up the place.

I don't like it, its a cool device granted but not for me as it doesn't support:

No Bluetooth
No Videorecorder
Cant download on the Safari browser
No copy&paste
No Flash player (important to me since i watch live sport on-line)
No java or MIDP support
No support for push email

use a blackbery at work, works fine

internet is slow but that might be the model and going thru a very high security server

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't like it, its a cool device granted but not for me as it doesn't support:

No Bluetooth
No Videorecorder - WRONG
Cant download on the Safari browser
No copy&paste - WRONG
No Flash player (important to me since i watch live sport on-line)
No java or MIDP support
No support for push email - WRONG

So, you were half right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here