Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackadder

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Just caught an episode from the second series last night. The one where Edmund is entertaining his puritanical relations in one room (to gain an inheritance) and a boys drink fest in another room (forming a bet with Melchet).

The tears were streaming down my cheeks my favourite line:

Melchet to Blackadder:

'You're drunk and a weedy pidgeon and if that's not so you can call me Susan!'

Now what was your favopurite series and episode?

Notwithstanding the above mine were the first series with the Spanish Infanta my best episode.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Love the episode you're talking about there Brighton Bloke. Blackadder's twisting of "great booze up" is fantastic.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
"Bob" from Blackadder 2 is in the top three best ever sitcom episodes ever, IMHO

(in no particular order)
1. Party - Young Ones
2. Bob - Blackadder
3. Training course/guitar - Office

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Baron von Richthofen: "How lucky you English are to find ze toilet zo amusing. For us, it is a mundane and functional item. For you it is ze basis of an entire culture."

or

Blackadder: You see, Baldrick, in order to prevent war in Europe, two superblocs developed: us, the French and the Russians on one side, and the Germans and Austro-Hungary on the other. The idea was to have two vast opposing armies, each acting as the other's deterrent. That way there could never be a war.
Baldrick: But - this is a sort of a war, isn't it sir?
Blackadder: Yes that's right. You see, there was a tiny flaw in the plan.
George: What was that sir?
Blackadder: It was bollocks.

Both great quotes from "Goes Forth". But overall I think "II" was the best series.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Man of Harveys said:
"Bob" from Blackadder 2 is in the top three best ever sitcom episodes ever, IMHO

Father: 'Oh please go on the game! Its a steady job, and you'd be working from home!'

Bob/Kate: 'I shall go to London, disguise myself as a boy, and seek my fortune!'

Father: 'Why walk all the way to London when you can make a fortune lying on your back!

------------------------

Blackadder: Thank you young crone, here is a purse of monies....which I'm not going to give to you!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :clap2:

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
Brighton Bloke said:
Just caught an episode from the second series last night. The one where Edmund is entertaining his puritanical relations in one room (to gain an inheritance) and a boys drink fest in another room (forming a bet with Melchet).

Love that episode - great ending as well with the the old girl saying "Wha hey!! Luck get it??" "No" say the others. She says "Come on - Luck, sounds almost exactly like F--" and the titles roll!

Classic!! Caught the one after that last night on UK Gold, with Hugh Laurie as the German who captures Blackadder and Melchet.
Ludwig - "Melchet, we meet again"
Melchet - "Noooo, I don't think I've had the pleasure"
Ludwig - "You do not remember me then. Let me refresh your memory. You remember when you were in cornwall at the monastery, there was an old shepherd with whom you used to talk."
Melchet - "Good Lord, Dimkins?"
Ludwig - "Yes!! I was one of his sheep!"
Melchet - "Not..."
Ludwig - "Yes!"
Melchet - "Flossy?"
Ludwig - "Yes!"
Melchet - "But didn't we....?"
Ludwig - "Yes Lord Melchet! BBBBBAAAAA!!

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Two words. Moooo and Bernard! :lolol:

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
From The Infanta Episode.

The Infanata and her intepreter are with the Queen on a mission to find about more about Edmund.

Infanta: (Hablierto?) poco de cosas de mujeres.

Don: ...to have a little talk about a lady's things.

Infanta: Si' -- los dos solas.

Don: Just the two of us.

Queen: Oh, yes, yes.

Infanta: Si', bueno. Sen~ora, hable mi de les hombres ingleses.

Don: So tell me, Mrs. Queen, about Englishmen.

Queen: Well, they spend most of their time with animals, you know, and with other men. But, oh, when they do come to the women, they only want one thing!

Infanta: (grins) Que? Que?

Don: And what is that?

Queen: Well, it's a kind of pudding made of bread and butter and raisins, and, of course, the other thing...

Infanta: Que el otro? Que el otro?

Don: And what is the other thing?

Queen: (as though it's obvious) Oh, well, custard!

Don: Crema!

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
For me it was Blackadder II, followed by 4 and 3. I can't even watch the first series, as Edmond would say... "It's utter bollocks!"

For me the best episode was Money from Series 2, and the best line, is from the lasdt episode (series 4) when Blackadder just comes of the phone to Field Marshall Hage, just after having his cunning plan for getting out of going over the top foiled, an all time clasic line the way it was delivered...
"I think the phrase rhymes with 'clucking bell'":lolol:

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
Mr Burns said:
For me it was Blackadder II, followed by 4 and 3. I can't even watch the first series, as Edmond would say... "It's utter bollocks!"

I think the first series is pretty good mate. The final episode of that series is the best of the bunch when he recruits the 6 other guys to help him over throw the king. Rik Mayall is great as Mad Gerald!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I remember thinking that Blackadder 3 was poor at the time, but when I bought the box set, I actually found it just as good as 2 & 4... the least said about series 1, the better!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I think the first series is excellent too, a bit subtler/drier than the others but brilliant in places, far from crap. Brian Blessed and Peter Cook in the same programme? Can't be that bad.

le fabue

Have an adequate day
Jan 19, 2005
Bramley
Blackadder - best comedy series ever made!

Close call between 3rd and 4th on best series.

Love the dictionary episode.
"If I ever meet an aardvark I'm going to step on it's damn protuding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if it's life depended on it!"

C - big blue wobbly thing that mermaids live in.

Quality

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here