Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Black Flash Your Vote?

Lush

Mods' Pet
The BBC is running a poll on who is the greatest black footballer to have played in the British leagues. These are the contenders...

1. John Barnes
2. Andrew Cole
3. Laurie Cunningham
4. Marcel Desailly
5. Ruud Gullit
6. Thierry Henry
7. Henrik Larsson
8. Cyrille Regis
9. Patrick Vieira
10. Ian Wright

You can vote here

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Johnny Barnes....HAS TO BE :D

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'd vote for John Barnes. He was quite outstanding for Liverpool, and would have lit up Europe had they been in it. Also had to put up with abuse that today's lot can't even imagine. Never quite did it for England consistently - but it was Graham Taylor most of the time, which is an excuse for any player.

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
now this is racist. if there was one saying the best white footballer (therefore excluding black people - obviously) then there would be uproar!

forget it... im off for a :drink:

Last edited:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
has to be barns for me too!

andrew cole :lolol: is that andy cole i dont know whether to laugh that andy coles in the top 10 black footballers or the fact they called him andrew :lolol:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
has to be barns for me too!

andrew cole :lolol: is that andy cole i dont know whether to laugh that andy coles in the top 10 black footballers or the fact they called him andrew :lolol:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
what no Carlton Palmer?!

i do agree to an extent about it being racist,

but seeing as black players are fairly new to english football, its a question worth asking,

Viv anderson was the first black player to play for England and that was late 70,s.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For me it's got to be Frank Sinclair, Gus Caesar or Ade Akinbiyi.

:lolol:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Ian Wright Wright Wright for me

Have to agree though, why have a poll for best black player ? Surely this segregates whites from blacks, making a distinction. You should be able to vote on best players whether they are black/white or whatever.

Is best white player on next week ?

When are the MOWO awards ?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Saw the programme last night, and thought it was excellent. I could watch John Barnes goal against Brazil all night.
That Laurie Cunningham goal when he picks up he ball by the centre circle, shkes off a couple of defenders runs till he's twenty-five yards out and then cracks it into the top corner is amazing.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
barnes , purely for the liverpool vs blackburn overhead cracker of a goal !

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
Saw that program too - very good it was. At the end they said it wouldn't be long to an all-black England team turned out.... got me thinking about whether we have enough black players in the squad now to do it but my England knowledge isn't too good..... got as far as James, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand and Sol Campbell before struggling..... can anybody help??

FAO gimps who think having a programme on black footballers is racist.... do you ever stop and think why they have to make a programme focusing on 'black' anything??

Ian Wright for me......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here