3. Maryland Chocolate Chip Cookies
4. Iced Gems
Group D
1. Fruit Shortcakes
2. All Butter
3. Fox's Butter Crinkle Crunch
4. Abbey Crunch

Quarter Finals
A1 - Choc Digestives vs B2 - Bourbons * B1- Hob Nobs vs A2 - Jammy Dodgers * C1 - Maryland cookies vs D2 Fruit Shortckaes * C2 Custard Creams vs D1 Fox's Crinkle crunch

Semi finals
Chocolate Digestives Vs Maryland Cookies *** Hob Nobs Vs Custard Creams

The Final

Chocolate Digestives vs Hob Nobs (plain)

please please please biscuit lovers. make your final decision carefully. things to take into account :

value for money
dunkability
how often do you buy one or the other
what gets you excited when you are offered a biscuit tin at a friends?
biscuit history
fair play

we've had some thrilling contests in this competition and i think everyone will agree we're left with two classic biscuits.

Now, sit back, enjoy the closing ceremony and cast your vote

BISCUIT 2004

Attachments

• game1ceremony1.jpg
    game1ceremony1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh, and I'm still aghast at the blatent lack of quality in Group D. A shocking collection of biscuits. :nono:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Plain Hob Nobs or chocolate Hob Nobs?

Lush

Mods' Pet
Plain Hob Nobs Yorkie (see Group B above)

I freely admit to being a biscuit bandwagon jumper having only got involved once it became exciting at semi-final stage - and may I say that I am AGHAST that Malted Milk went out so early. Those cute little pictures of cows and EVERYTHING!!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lush said:

I freely admit to being a biscuit bandwagon jumper having only got involved once it became exciting at semi-final stage - and may I say that I am AGHAST that Malted Milk went out so early. Those cute little pictures of cows and EVERYTHING!!!!

Yeah well I liked them to and couldn't bear to see their departure. If we had a few more diehard moo-cow fans like me and a few less glory hunting people such as yourself, who knows what could have been achieved?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
If it was plain chocolate digestives then there'd be no contest. Milk chocolate digestives I'm much less convinced. This is a crucial factor - they're effectively two different biscuits in my mind.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Choccy Digestives for me.

Those that have been following this competition will know about my hate of the Hob Nobs as the knocked out the Jammy Dodger (the best biscuit EVER) and then the custard cream. They are f***ing stupid biscuit with a stupid name.

ps Great work on the opening ceremony, Alan.:clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lush said:

Then it is definitely not a level playing field. Chocolate Hob Nobs should have been pitched against Chocolate digestives. In fact there should have been a chocolate group to start with.

Then plain digestives could have competed with plain Hob Nobs.

These things need to be considered and taken seriously.

I move the committee takes this into account for the next championships.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
whose ever heard of a plain hob nob?

Was chocolate hob nob ever an option?

Chocolate hob nob 1st place,
(CHOCOLATE) digestive 2nd
plain digestive 3rd
plain hob nob (???) never heard of......is it just me?

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
Yorkie said:
Then it is definitely not a level playing field. Chocolate Hob Nobs should have been pitched against Chocolate digestives. In fact there should have been a chocolate group to start with.

Then plain digestives could have competed with plain Hob Nobs.

These things need to be considered and taken seriously.

I move the committee takes this into account for the next championships.

I nominate Yorkie to be on the pannel for the next championships.

This years results have been dictated :ohmy: SHAMBLES!!!

:wave: :)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Biscuits are as biscuits do. FFS it's a biscuit. Stick your own chocolate on if you have to. I mean, is it still a biscuit once it has been dunked in tea or coffee?

This is fair and above board competition. Does the chocolate on a digestive really make that much difference? Could you have digestive v chocolate digestive in the final? It would be like Liverpool v Liverpool Reserves. No. It's a f***ing digestive, man.

Does sticking orange into a Hob Nob suddenly make it a caramel wafer? No. It's a f***ing Hob Nob, man.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The Large One said:
Biscuits are as biscuits do. FFS it's a biscuit. Stick your own chocolate on if you have to. I mean, is it still a biscuit once it has been dunked in tea or coffee?

This is fair and above board competition. Does the chocolate on a digestive really make that much difference? Could you have digestive v chocolate digestive in the final? It would be like Liverpool v Liverpool Reserves. No. It's a f***ing digestive, man.

Does sticking orange into a Hob Nob suddenly make it a caramel wafer? No. It's a f***ing Hob Nob, man.

But if you start discounting the things that make the biscuit unique, then you end up with Liverpool vs Liverpool.

To me a plain chocolate digestive is Brighton's back to back championship team, wheras a milk choclate digestive is the 'first couple of years at Gillingham' squad.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
bhafc99 said:
But if you start discounting the things that make the biscuit unique, then you end up with Liverpool vs Liverpool.

To me a plain chocolate digestive is Brighton's back to back championship team, wheras a milk choclate digestive is the 'first couple of years at Gillingham' squad.

Wise words, but at the end of the day, you would still be voting for Brighton, irrespective of the time period.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here