Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Abbey Crunch

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
starting a little bit later than scheduled due to the fact that Group C is STILL slugging it out, here's the final group stage

and what a corker

1. Fruit Shortcakes
2. All Butter
3. Fox's Butter Crinkle Crunch
4. Abbey Crunch

Group D boasts 2 former Biscuit champions in Fruit Shortcakes and All Butter. Fox's butter Crinkle Crunch have been beaten finalists whilst Abbey Crunch have reached the semis a respectable 3 times in their history. I don't know about any of you but I am completely TORN over this one. One thing's for certain though, the high butter content in this group means any of the favourites might 'SLIP UP'.

over to you

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A shockingly poor quality group this one. Some of the knocked out biscuits will curse their luck that they weren't drawn in this group.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Not really a great group IMHO but the butterryness of the All Butter makes them my choice.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
frankly i am flabberghasted at the sheer lack of biscuit appreciation exhibited so far in this thread. fruit shortcake and all butter biscuits are timeless clasics.

chapmans and simster. i challenge you to go out and buy a packet of either one. then go home, make a cup of tea and begin dunking. if you can stop before you are halfway through the packet you are stronger men than i. if not, i await your apologies

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
what a turd group! Don't like my buttery biscuits as much as chocolate covered tea dunkers.

Are Farley's Rusks bisuits? if not ..... what are they!!!:eek:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Abbey Crunch...

This is for me a landmark biscuit. It lies at the edge of a dark age of sad miserable clear wrapped biscuits, and vibrant concept biscuits like the HobNob. Indeed with the Abbey Crunch which McVities refers to as "The Original Oat biscuit", one wonders if the HobNob would have been possible.

The Abbey Crunch led the vanguard of these new biscuits not being afraid to have an almost sickening but not quite level of sugar.

Yet despite its eye catching trademark blue packet, the Abbey Crunch still dresses itself in tradition. Its very name suggests that monks had been knocking them out since the middle ages, therefore allowing my Nan to comfortably buy a packet in the mid Seventies a low point for biscuit innovation, and there by dazzle my formative biscuit palette.

Today the Abbey Crunch seems a little dated, its relatively small diameter, its ridiculously high sugar content. However, the thrill of a new packet of Abbey Crunch still remains one of the highlights of the biscuit world.

MVAbbeyCrunch.JPG

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
alan partridge said:
frankly i am flabberghasted at the sheer lack of biscuit appreciation exhibited so far in this thread. fruit shortcake and all butter biscuits are timeless clasics.

chapmans and simster. i challenge you to go out and buy a packet of either one. then go home, make a cup of tea and begin dunking. if you can stop before you are halfway through the packet you are stronger men than i. if not, i await your apologies

To be absolutely honest i'm not a biscuit man at heart and i know's what i likes and i don't likes them that much.

Shortcake is to dry and really has nothing to ofer me, as for adding fruit? Pah! Makes no difference.

The butter biscuits are okay but still need something extra.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Simster said:
A shockingly poor quality group this one. Some of the knocked out biscuits will curse their luck that they weren't drawn in this group.

Totally agree.

I can't believe the quality that has already gone out in the other groups.

Serious questions need to be asked regarding the seeding system prior to the next tournament.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
To be absolutely honest i'm not a biscuit man at heart and i know's what i likes and i don't likes them that much.

Shortcake is to dry and really has nothing to ofer me, as for adding fruit? Pah! Makes no difference.

The butter biscuits are okay but still need something extra.

ahh. i think you're getting your shortcakes confused...this is the little beauty of which we speak

fruitshortcake.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
alan partridge said:

There are very few biscuits I wouldn't dunk to excess. Whether a packet of Happy Shopper rich teas or a tin of Peak Freans Trotsky Assortment. But we're talking *quality* not quantity, and these candidates are all sadly lacking as reflected by the voter turnout so far.

Bono

Jul 18, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Poor group - which confederation did this lot qualify from?
(Well that's my 100th post :clap: )

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
not the greatest group AP , the all butters are the best of a bad bunch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here