Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birchall Staying (for now anyway)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I hope this doesn't mean Birchall won't be motivated tomorrow. Sounds like the club have said no despite the player probably wanting to go?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And club quite right to do so I believe.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He signed until the end of the season , why let him go just because MA brought him here ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
isn't this tapping up? Considering we haven't given them permission to talk to him?

I think players who are contracted until the end of the season can speak to anyone after January 31st. I.e. when there is less than six months left of their contract. In effect, Birchall could have spoken to anyone since the day he signed for us.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I think players who are contracted until the end of the season can speak to anyone after January 31st. I.e. when there is less than six months left of their contract. In effect, Birchall could have spoken to anyone since the day he signed for us.

Ah yeah, forgotten about that. Think English clubs can only speak to him 6 weeks before his contract runs out but any other club outside the UK can talk to him.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Seems a shame for the lad that another month at the Albion could mean him missing out on an opportunity to set himself up financially for life. And, to be honest, although he's a decent player, I don't think his continued presence is essential for us on our run-in.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Seems a shame for the lad that another month at the Albion could mean him missing out on an opportunity to set himself up financially for life. And, to be honest, although he's a decent player, I don't think his continued presence is essential for us on our run-in.

He wouldn't be earning that much over there would he? Doesn't the MLS have a set wage budget that is used toi cover all the staff or something similar?

bagsy

Aug 9, 2008
interesting that he isnt even on the bench for todays game ......? lack of motivation.......or pissed that they haven't let him go...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
feeling sick because we wont let him go.???

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Think he could have been a half decent player for us, but I don't want anyone pulling on the stripes that doesn't want to be here.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Let him go I say - if we can get a few quid from the cash unstrapped LAG, so much the better. Besides Doug Loft has looked the part against Swindon and Colchester.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Playing for LA Galaxy in the Californian sun, or bench warmer in a bottom of the third division English club......Christ he must have give that all of a nano seconds thought.

If we are not going to play him ( like Thornton) then "many thanks, have a great life in teh Sun"

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
We've hardly used him anyway. if we can get some compo then all well & good but seems small minded to keep him here if he doesn't want to be here. We need commitment right now.

How about a tie up with an LA Galaxy UK tour & friendly? I see Colchester have already got a date for a pre-season friendly with the Villa. Wonder when our dates v Worthing, Bognor, lewes, etc will be announced?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here