Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bin Laden: Shoot to Kill

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Funnily enough, The Septics said that Bin Laden was shot " while resisting arrest " strangely, if you break in to a house in America and you are shot dead, the homeowner will not be charged as he is defending his property. If only The CIA could have tricked Bin Laden in to breaking in to a suburban house in the good 'ol US everything would have been much neater.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If these people were prepared to drive 100 miles to make on mobile phone call they are serious.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Blackhawk 1 is down. ( Here we go again.)

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
The programme was very good. They seemed to have done a good job of keeping it a secret, I especially liked the pizza takeaways!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The big thing I take from the documentary is what a gutsy call Barack Obama made to give the green light. His advisers were split and the chance of Bin Laden being in the compound was judged to be 50/50.

Not only that but Obama also vetoed the other option of sending a missile in to take the compound out - something George W Bush would probably have done at the first opportunity.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Fantastic documentary - an awful lot of new stuff in that. I know it was a dramatisation but can you imagine being a SEAL and training to get a taregt for 3 months before finally being told who it was and realising it was Public Enemy Number 1.

Also the attempts to identify the 'pacer' as Bin laden by calculating the height in the sky of the sun and measuring shadows to see if he was 6 foot 4inches

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I wish they would publish the pictures of dead Bin Laden.

But why - do you just want to see them ? For anyone who doubts they actually killed him, do you think a photo would convince them ? I doubt it. The program was quite interesting, not sure there was enough in it to last 1:40 though. It did make me wonder, if it had gone wrong, would we ever have heard about it ?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It did make me wonder, if it had gone wrong, would we ever have heard about it ?

Well we certainly heard about the botched Tehran Embassy rescue - especially when one of the Mullahs picked through the corpses on television to show 8 skull bones and 16 legs when the US had said it was 7 personnel who had been killed and the Iranians claimed 8.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Well we certainly heard about the botched Tehran Embassy rescue - especially when one of the Mullahs picked through the corpses on television to show 8 skull bones and 16 legs when the US had said it was 7 personnel who had been killed and the Iranians claimed 8.

That was 30 years ago (?), I'm sure we would have heard something as it was being tweeted as it was still going on. Was just an idle thought while I watched it, no biggie.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
But why - do you just want to see them ? For anyone who doubts they actually killed him, do you think a photo would convince them ? I doubt it. The program was quite interesting, not sure there was enough in it to last 1:40 though. It did make me wonder, if it had gone wrong, would we ever have heard about it ?

2 reasons:
1. It would help me believe it, although I think he was killed, this would put no doubt in my head.
2. I want to see him dead. He killed thousands, I want to see him with a bullet in his head.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was a very interesting program shedding some light on what was clearly a very delicate operation.

I am convinced had Bush been President when this happened we would still be hearing about it today and Obama can take a lot of credit in just dealing with something that had to be done given what Bin Laden had done or sanctioned to be done to others.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Awesome programme. Very interesting stuff.
I was quite surprised Obama and his associates talked/released all that information less than six months later...normally The Yanks like to keep everything hush hush for years. Fair play to them, probably helps the country restore some faith.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Say a British soldier was killed by the Taliban and they published photos of the bloody corpse on the Internet- would people not find that slightly insulting or offensive? At the very least, disrespectful.

If the Americans did the same with Bin Laden's body, no doubt there would be plenty of Muslims up in arms about it for the same reason. Why give him another chance to rally people to the cause, even after he's dead? If there was even the slightest chance he was still alive, the Taliban and AQ would be bragging about it still and making massive capital out of another US failure to capture him. He's dead. I don't need a photo to tell me that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here