Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Paynter

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Not coming to us then.

Simon Grayson has confirmed interest he is considering allowing Billy Paynter to leave Leeds United on loan.
The former Swindon striker hasn't featured in the first team since the opening day of the season and has been linked with a host clubs in terms of a potential loan deal.
"I have had call from a League One team about Billy," confirmed the Leeds boss. "We'll decide if it's the right thing to do.
"One thing for certain is that we wouldn't consider Billy joining one of our rivals in the Championship so any deal would have to suit all parties, and by that I mean, us and Billy.
"He wants to play games which he isn't doing at the moment and I have no problems with letting him out, but until we decide properly there's nothing doing."
Billy joined the club from Swindon in the summer of 2010, but found appearances restricted due to injury last season and his only goal came in the 2-1 win at Preston on March.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not coming to us then.

Simon Grayson has confirmed interest he is considering allowing Billy Paynter to leave Leeds United on loan.
The former Swindon striker hasn't featured in the first team since the opening day of the season and has been linked with a host clubs in terms of a potential loan deal.
"I have had call from a League One team about Billy," confirmed the Leeds boss. "We'll decide if it's the right thing to do.
"One thing for certain is that we wouldn't consider Billy joining one of our rivals in the Championship so any deal would have to suit all parties, and by that I mean, us and Billy.
"He wants to play games which he isn't doing at the moment and I have no problems with letting him out, but until we decide properly there's nothing doing."
Billy joined the club from Swindon in the summer of 2010, but found appearances restricted due to injury last season and his only goal came in the 2-1 win at Preston on March.

I guess we aren't one of their rivals then!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I guess we aren't one of their rivals then!

Gus found the idea that we were rivals for them quite laughable.

I imagine it was negotiating tactics, or perhaps the club not being on the same page as the manager.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Mind you Simon Grayson is the bloke quoted yesterday as saying on the BBC website "I was a legend when I was there [Leicester City]..." so probably says more about the man himself!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Why the hell do we want or need him, what a joke club we are if Leeds a rival of ours will happily loan this clown out to us. Doesn'yt show much ambition in my opinion.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Why the hell do we want or need him, what a joke club we are if Leeds a rival of ours will happily loan this clown out to us. Doesn'yt show much ambition in my opinion.

luckily you are not the boss, not every signing can break the bank and sometimes its about getting the right player / personality for a given situation

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

You've spelt your name wrong - it begins with a B

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
not to mention shows how far we have come. This signing last year we would of been cuming in our pants. Perspective please

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here