Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biggest ex Albion w*nker

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think Alan Curbishley has to be in a similar category as John Gregory. Having left us to become joint manager at Charlton, he then came straight back a stole (yes stole!) John Robinson from us. He'd just had a really good season for us, broken into the Wales squad, and Curbs KNEW we were stoney broke. Came back in and offered something derisory knowing full well that it would go to tribunal, and tribunals at teh time were siding very much with the offer.

I think we wanted £200k, he offered £50k and got him for about £70k. W*nker.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I'd have to go for Nathan Jones, I was at Yeovil when he had his rant at the away end, complete twat, which is a shame as a player he always gave 100%, never quite good enough but a tryer.

As for Murray well it's all been said, but we shoudn't forget the effort he put in this season. Money talks, good luck to the bloke but going to Palarse isn't a good move.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think Alan Curbishley has to be in a similar category as John Gregory. Having left us to become joint manager at Charlton, he then came straight back a stole (yes stole!) John Robinson from us. He'd just had a really good season for us, broken into the Wales squad, and Curbs KNEW we were stoney broke. Came back in and offered something derisory knowing full well that it would go to tribunal, and tribunals at teh time were siding very much with the offer.

Well, on that basis, what about the scandalous sale of Dean Saunders for £60k, to Oxford, when we were under pressure from the bank to accept ANY offers. Who was the Oxford manager who put the joke offer in?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

This.

And lets not forget bussing fans in from sussex when we really were on our knees. Including the MASSIVE poster outside Brighton station advertising Prem League football at the Valley.

Tho that wasnt Curbs fault.

But yes Curbs = WANKER.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He was just an appalling footballer. That doesn't make him a wanker.

Very true. You could say the same about Ashley Neal and COUNTLESS others who were just a bit, well, SHIT.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Murray just doesn't get on the radar compared to that Taffy Shit Micky (taker) Thomas.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Well, on that basis, what about the scandalous sale of Dean Saunders for £60k, to Oxford, when we were under pressure from the bank to accept ANY offers. Who was the Oxford manager who put the joke offer in?

What ex-player are you nominating for the list there then, you can't blame Saunders .... oh, hang on, are you saying Lawro was Oxford manager? Grrrrr.

However, my angst towards Curbs was he was fresh out of the club and just came straight back to poach our most talented youngster for peanuts. Whereas, I doubt Lawro had much of a say in dealing in or out at Oxford, as it would have been the egomaniac Maxwell who controlled EVERYTHING. In fact, didn't Lawro walk when Saunders was sold for exactly that reason?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What ex-player are you nominating for the list there then, you can't blame Saunders .... oh, hang on, are you saying Lawro was Oxford manager? Grrrrr.

However, my angst towards Curbs was he was fresh out of the club and just came straight back to poach our most talented youngster for peanuts. Whereas, I doubt Lawro had much of a say in dealing in or out at Oxford, as it would have been the egomaniac Maxwell who controlled EVERYTHING. In fact, didn't Lawro walk when Saunders was sold for exactly that reason?

This is also true. I think at that point an offer of £1m came in to Oxford from ummm cant recall.

Lawro walked coz Maxwell sold.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Graham Smith has to be up there for the way he slagged the club off after we got rid. Plus he was one of the worst keepers I've seen in an Albion shirt.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Murray will probably sign for Palace on a two or three year deal worth around an extra £200-£300k for him over the course of the contract.

After scoring 57 goals in three season (two of which involved injury problems) and helping us play the best football any of us have ever seen from the Albion.

Yeah. What a dick...

HONESTLY.

Last time I checked, Football was a game of, among other things, opinions. Its about time you stopped telling people they were wrong and accepted that they will have them whether you agree or not.

Seperately, Leon Knight is already on the list, so I have nothing further to add.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here