Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biggest boo boo you have made at work

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Worked in Engineering for a few years. I remember being shown and told how to assemble these hydraulic valves. Did about 400 hundred of the bastards, then they all started failing on test. I only forgot to insert the bloody o-rings. Bosses where not happy. Don't know how much this cost the company, felt like I right pillock.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Ordered 40 tonnes of paper to be delivered to a mate at head office as a joke and then forgot to cancel the order. Articulated lorry full of paper and an angry man turned up in our office looking for my friend to sign for delivery.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Was in charge of 83 Transit vans being loaded at an old airfield in Litchfield.
All vans loaded with generators, stands, uniforms kit etc for a promo.

Site had cctv, so rather than individually hand keys to the drivers, i took decision to put keys behind sun visors..

Drivers arrive, sign out and start to drive off apart from two..
'Can't find my van boss?'
'tsk, it's here just wait, fool..'

eventually all vans leave site.. All 81 of them..

CCTV was not working, inside job and two brand new 312 Merc Sprinters stolen.. with no insurance payout.. :eek:

Got a proper bollocking about that.. :(

One was recovered 3 months later after doing a <failed> Smash and grab raid on a Curry's in B'ham.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
imported 60,000 business customers into a database for a predictive dialler, the first phone number had 10 digits so the database field defaulted to 10 characters, hence 80% of the data missing the last digit and 300 phone lines tied up and 70 staff getting sent home. Oops

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Worked in Engineering for a few years. I remember being shown and told how to assemble these hydraulic valves. Did about 400 hundred of the bastards, then they all started failing on test. I only forgot to insert the bloody o-rings. Bosses where not happy. Don't know how much this cost the company, felt like I right pillock.

You weren't working on the Challenger space shuttle were you ??

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Ordered 40 tonnes of paper to be delivered to a mate at head office as a joke and then forgot to cancel the order. Articulated lorry full of paper and an angry man turned up in our office looking for my friend to sign for delivery.

how would it have been a joke if you'f cancelled the order???

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
as an 18 year old i was working in a grave yard doing various crap jobs . one of the least crap jobs was driving one of the diggers around. anyway one day i realised that if you turned the wheels full lock and let rip you could do a little wheel spin . anyway after a few weeks of wheel spins i was getting good , over did it one day tipped the thing up and i fell out. was pretty scared the thing would fall on me but it didnt and it righted itself . as i breathed a sigh of relief i realised it was still moving so i tried to get into it but it was moving faster and faster. all i could do was put my head in my hands as it turned towards the church. straight into the side of the church.
and

..... there was a funeral on at the time

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
as an 18 year old i was working in a grave yard doing various crap jobs . one of the least crap jobs was driving one of the diggers around. anyway one day i realised that if you turned the wheels full lock and let rip you could do a little wheel spin . anyway after a few weeks of wheel spins i was getting good , over did it one day tipped the thing up and i fell out. was pretty scared the thing would fall on me but it didnt and it righted itself . as i breathed a sigh of relief i realised it was still moving so i tried to get into it but it was moving faster and faster. all i could do was put my head in my hands as it turned towards the church. straight into the side of the church.
and

f***ing hell if thats true, that is definitely a bad day at work!!!

Lush

Mods' Pet
and

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Nothing *really* bad, but embarrasing a long silly email string with the missus, and I accidently cc'd an email group of about 80 people...!

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
When my daughter was doing her 'A' Levels she had a part time job at our local Boots. One Saturday an American woman came in and asked her if they had anything for 'crabs'. This, understandably, took her a bit by surprise so she said "I beg your pardon" and the woman said "crabs, I want something for crabs". So my daughter went and got the Pharmacist who took the woman to one side and said "I understand you want something for crabs madam", the woman recoiled in horror and said "cramps, I want something for cramps!"
I'm saving that one for my speech at her wedding!

:lol:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Threw about £500 worth of books, paper and various other crap (or so I thought at the time) into a giant paper muncher without even looking at it, assuming it to be some giant consignment of the sort of shit samples I used to get sent all the time. Turned out it was for a big presentation by one of our trading partners and had simply been delivered to the wrong address by idiot courier.

The response when I 'phoned the woman who'd put the whole thing together to tell her what had happened and apologise was one of utter silence...

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Nothing *really* bad, but embarrasing a long silly email string with the missus, and I accidently cc'd an email group of about 80 people...!

I got cc'd into one of them a little while ago, either by accident or by jilted boyfriend of the person it came from, either way I discovered a lot more than I ever expected to about what someone I went to school with was doing with her boss!

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually

didnt work for NASA, did you?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've been sued for libel three times - although none actually made it to court. Caused me a few sleepless nights though.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Submitted a draft document by mistake which was then uploaded to the web for the whole world to see. Great, a document with my full name on it full of typos that might be held for a long time online. I just hope that future employers have poor googling skills.

Oh and I once got banged on the head by a car park gate which was descending as I was standing under it whilst a potential client was watching in amusement. Doh.

Alonso Moseley

Jun 16, 2008
I fooled a receptionist into thinking 'cunnilingus' was about 'normal' kissing, which was okay until she decided to ask all the offices via loudspeakers on their phones (about 60 people) what it meant.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
I fooled a receptionist into thinking 'cunnilingus' was about 'normal' kissing, which was okay until she decided to ask all the offices via loudspeakers on their phones (about 60 people) what it meant.

I asked my barber the best thing for baldness.

"Fanny juice!" he said.

"Bollocks," I replied. "You're balder than me!"

"Yes, but what a magnificent moustache!" he quipped

Two men in a bar.

One says to the other.

"f*** knows what women see in Fred, he just sits there licking his eyebrows."

and

Sorry, don't actually believe this one! Mechanical diggers are usually found in crematoria, not church graveyards. And why would the digger keep moving with no-one pressing the accelerator?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here