Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Match Revisited (1983) - Watch Brighton v Spurs again!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'm just experimenting with non-YouTube video sharing sites at the moment. I want to get beyond the 10 minute limit!

Thought I'd share this link with you....

It's the full 37 minute programme, shown about a year ago, with about 20 minutes of highlights of the clash at the Goldstone Ground .

http://www.viddler.com/explore/seagullstv/videos/1/

I hope it doesn't get taken down.... feel free to download the file to your hard drive, if you wish, just in case!
:ascarf:

How big is the file?

Just played 3 mins of it but it's not really watchable. Is this because of the streaming? How many frames per second should it have?

When I played it, the pic of George Best came up just as the commentator said "Brighton will be relying on this man, 19-y-o Irishman Gary Howlett"!

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The mp4 file I uploaded was 435 mb

The link above takes you to a web page where you have options for sharing, embedding and commenting.

My first impressions of viddler.com are good... I can upload videos up to 500 mb - and the result is that the picture quality is far superior to YouTube.

Still, YouTube has a much bigger community behind it, so I'm going to use both.

Hope you enjoy the programme. England bidding to host the 1986 World Cup, indeed!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
How big is the file?

Just played 3 mins of it but it's not really watchable. Is this because of the streaming? How many frames per second should it have?

When I played it, the pic of George Best came up just as Brian Moore said "Brighton will be relying on this man, 19-y-o Irishman Gary Howlett"!

That's odd! I must say, when I view it in my browser, it's not at all choppy. Could you please see whether you have a lot of windows open in your browser and then try again and let me know whether you get the same experience?

Much appreciated! Thanks for testing the usability so far.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Works great for me, one of the few games I've seen on line I actually remember, am downloading to watch later this week.

I have recorded the Orient v Albion game on DVD if you did'nt get a copy, however I really want to show my mate first as John Jackson is in goal for Orient. He used to live around the corner to us in Hangleton when we were kids and come and see us at Hangleton juniors where his daughters went to school.

I could try and copy one, so let me know if you need a copy. I love the whole programe games online, so getting a site that shows longer clips is great, their used to be a fab one of the Liverpools training footage of the 83 game in its entirety online, but I can no longer find it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I had about 15 open, but BBC I-player plays perfectly with more. I did reduce it to 6 and found the sound was now in sync with the pics, but with little or no improvement to the frames per second.

Will be online Monday afternoon til 5pm. G'night..

Thanks again for testing it. When it's next opportune for you, could you quit your browser, reopen it and then try to load the page? Obviously, this isn't ideal (as most people will have more than one browser window open) - however this will help me to get whether it is possible for the video to play perfectly on most computers

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Works great for me, one of the few games I've seen on line I actually remember, am downloading to watch later this week.

I have recorded the Orient v Albion game on DVD if you did'nt get a copy, however I really want to show my mate first as John Jackson is in goal for Orient. He used to live around the corner to us in Hangleton when we were kids and come and see us at Hangleton juniors where his daughters went to school.

I could try and copy one, so let me know if you need a copy. I love the whole programe games online, so getting a site that shows longer clips is great, their used to be a fab one of the Liverpools training footage of the 83 game in its entirety online, but I can no longer find it.

Ahhh, thanks for all the information and the kind offer to copy me the Orient v Albion game. I'm being sent the DVD this coming week but if it doesn't come through, I'd certainly take you up on your offer.

Thanks for the info on John Jackson - I knew he played a game for Ipswich in the early 1980s, but didn't really know much about his career.

Oh, wow, so the 1983 Liverpool game does exist in its entirety! I wonder who has it?

I know some people have the 1983 Cup Final build-up and the entire 1984 game v Liverpool. I wish I could track those down.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Working perfectly for me

Is this yours as well, if so thanks, I really wanted to see this interview with Clough and Reevie again after watching the Damned United.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/seagullstv/videos/2/

Yeah, that Clough and Revie upload is mine! Glad you got to see it.

I'm thinking of putting the full programme featuring the 2-8 defeat v Bristol Rovers up later today. It was really hard to edit it down to 10 minutes for YouTube and I had to cut out lots of good coverage...

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
I'm just experimenting with non-YouTube video sharing sites at the moment. I want to get beyond the 10 minute limit!

It's the full 37 minute programme, shown about a year ago, with about 20 minutes of highlights of the clash at the Goldstone Ground .

I hope it doesn't get taken down.... feel free to download the file to your hard drive, if you wish, just in case!

Brilliant video. Thanks fella - happy days!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
LOL!
What, edit it down so it's Brighton 2 Bristol Rovers 0 at the end? :)

Here's the full highlights of that pasting by Warboys and Bannister:
http://www.viddler.com/explore/seagullstv/videos/3/

Love Cloughie's comments at the end. They ring true about the current squad, too!

Sully, 1-2! This was where the recording ground to a halt for me. 8 windows open, but frames per second about double the Spurs match. I don't see that this picture quality is any better than on Utube.

Attachments

• sully1-2.jpg
    sully1-2.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 136

Ipswich_Seagull

The Ipswich Seagull
Apr 6, 2009
Ipswich, Suffolk

Worked for me, superb game...!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here