Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Jim Sullivan RIP

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Guitar maestro and session musician extrordinaire has died aged 71.

He played on more than a thousand chart hits and accompanied such diverse acts
as Tom Jones, Marty Wilde, Dusty Springfield and Pilot to name a few.

He lived in Sussex and I saw him play live several times in the Worthing area.

A great guitarist and top bloke. RIP fella.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's is really sad, used to live round the corner from him, he played at my wedding. Later years have not been kind, he was confined to an electric wheelchair, and couldn't play any more, he spent his time organising charity shows locally. He's going to be sorely missed.
:guitar:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Without Jim there would never have been Marshall Amps, Sweet Little Sixteen, Two Little Boys, and possibly no Led Zeppelin 1 either.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Very sad RIP, saw him lads of times as Big Jim and Little Willie with Willie Austen in local pubs till they went their separate ways. Amazing guitarist. 71 no age.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I've seen him play several times; the description 'a talented musician' doesn't even come anywhere close.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I've seen him play several times; the description 'a talented musician' doesn't even come anywhere close.

Think you've nailed it there, just YouTube him, amongst other things, he WAS Tom Jones Guitar Man.

Anchorman

Oct 19, 2007
Do you remember him being a kind of guitar consultant to the Bay City Rollers in their 70's TV program Shang A Lang? I remember one of them saying to him "Well Big Jim, we all have our own respective playing styles..."

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Do you remember him being a kind of guitar consultant to the Bay City Rollers in their 70's TV program Shang A Lang? I remember one of them saying to him "Well Big Jim, we all have our own respective playing styles..."

I don't remember it, too young, but I understand he did do that.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing

I also don't remember but it was mentioned in one of the obits I read.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here