Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big decision time - my PS3 just died!!!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I think its that yellow light of death thing. And it's eaten my Fifa 11.

This is the second time this has happned. Has anyone tried that shop up from Preston Circus that advertises PS3 repair?

Otherwise it's buy another one, buy an Xbox, buy a Wii or dust of my old PS2.

:cry:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Xbox 360s are as bad,i'm on y 2nd and you have to bang that to get it to read the discs.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Are you sure this student cyber hacker hasn't just managed to install a virus on it ?

Wouldn't you be better off with a real football and some mates .........

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham

This is the second time this has happned. Has anyone tried that shop up from Preston Circus that advertises PS3 repair?

That would be Diamond Computers then. I've heard they are good for console repairs. They repaired my PC in the past and seemed fine to me. I would use them again.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008

Don't know if its just coincidence or whether the hackers have got some virus into it, but mine has got the yellow light today too!! Seriously thinking about getting an xbox now

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Mine had the YLOD last year and I decided against getting it repaired as I could only get 1 month warranty. But I sold it on EBay for £125 and got a new one. If you look on EBay you will see loads for sale with YLOD so they must be quite easy to fix & resell.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Lots of people on ebay selling a YLOD repair kit. Might be worth a go for £10.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I own a PS3 and Xbox 360 and neither have blown, could it be something to do with the power flow in your house. Do you have it on a power breaker?

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Can't wait to hear what Mellotron has to say :lolol:

Are these the newer slimline PS3's dieing or old ones too? Mine is an original and has been sweet as a nut, TOUCH WOOD!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
People are still looking down on, and dismissing, games even though the games industry makes more than the film industry (cinema and dvds combined)?

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I got yellow light of death on my launch PS3 a month outside my warranty. Sony replaced it the next day free of charge, and the replacement is still going strong...

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Oh and personally I'd stick with the PS3 over the 360, but then that is just as much because of there are no exclusives on the 360 that stand out for me whereas there a quite a few on the PS3

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can't wait to hear what Mellotron has to say :lolol:

Are these the newer slimline PS3's dieing or old ones too? Mine is an original and has been sweet as a nut, TOUCH WOOD!

Did you notice Xbox users dignified silence on here during the frankly hilarious PSN crash?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh and personally I'd stick with the PS3 over the 360, but then that is just as much because of there are no exclusives on the 360 that stand out for me whereas there a quite a few on the PS3

Gears of War? Uncharted does look enviable I will admit.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
I'd never heard of this, but after reading this thread I googled it. I got my slimline PS3 in December but rarely use it. The yellow light has always flashed as does the green. I should be worried right? It works fine when I do use it, games, iplayer, discs. I haven't got a reciept as I won it in a raffle, but I do have all the original packaging. What shall I do?

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
When mine died it stole the game too. I kept turning it on and off at the switch on the back and pushing eject and it gave my disc back, made a funny noise then went off again. Least i got the game back.

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Gears of War? Uncharted does look enviable I will admit.

Played Gears of War and it didn't really do anything for me. Same with Halo. The only exclusive that might have swayed me was the Mass Effect series which obviously is no longer exclusive.

Uncharted 2 is one of the greatest games I've ever played, plus you've got InFamous, MGS4, Heavy Rain, God of War 3 and Killzone to name a few

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here