Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Brother appears to be dying on its arse. Good.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
NOW GEORGE LEAVES THE BIG BROTHER HOUSE
By Sherna Noah, PA Showbusiness Correspondent
Another housemate has quit the troubled Big Brother house.
Posh George Askew, 19, walked after deciding that the idea of fame would be
"too much" for him.
He said in the Diary Room: "I wanted to break the stereotypical public school
view... and I think I've achieved that."
He added: "My reason for leaving the Big Brother house is the thought of fame
and how I would like to continue my private life - and fame is too much for
me."
Exercise scientist and yoga fanatic Dawn Blake was thrown out last week for
rule breaking.
The 38-year-old was unceremoniously dumped from the show after being warned
for secretly communicating with the outside world.
Her departure followed that of anguished Shahbaz, 37, a flamboyant Glaswegian
who became a house pariah for his difficult behaviour before leaving the show.
The only person to leave on schedule has been part-time care worker Bonnie
Holt, 20, who was evicted following the first viewer vote.
mf

301523 MAY 06

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He should have thought about that before he accepted the offer to be on the show.

This series has highlighted flaws in their profiling of candidates for the show. George's reason for leaving is a pretty basic point that should have been resolved in the selection process. Similarly, Shahbaz should never have got on TV in the first place because he needs professional psychiatric help.

The BB producers seem to swallow the face they're presented with in auditions without looking too hard at whether somebody has the strength of character to live in the house. How many times have you heard a person say in their audition tape that they're wild and wacky and they turn out to be the opposite?

I love BB but it's becoming a freak show, full of mincing poofs, f***ed-up trannies, Maxim model wannabes and horny male chavs.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The only one worth the entrance fee is Pete. He is a character and a deserved winner. Although I do wonder whether some of the " Wankers " he constantly shouts aren't put on.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I suppose it is really, they even had an illegal immigrant last year (Makosi).

I was hoping George might put a bit of sanity and normality into the house, but I fully expect they'll replace him with some bodybuilding chav eyecandy for the laydeez.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
eastlondonseagull said:

It's not.

It's got another 2 years to run on ch4 at least.

Then who knows? Someone else may buy the format off endemol.

Last edited:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
But you're assuming it matters to the people who create it, which it doesn't any more. It's become (or probably always was, but is now done in an excruciatingly more tedious and less subtle way) a vehicle with which Bazal/Endemol can drag a few more million in profits. They've already made far more series than they ever dreamt of. Who cares who goes in now?

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I watched the first series all the way through, watched bits of the 2 and 3rd but then gave up on it. For me its abit like watching remakes of films every year, you know the format and whats going to happen so seems abit pointless in watching.
I'm gonna watch the footie tonight anyway so not really that bothered if its on or not and then probabily start my series 4 24 boxset from tomorrow night!

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Pavilionaire said:
He should have thought about that before he accepted the offer to be on the show.

This series has highlighted flaws in their profiling of candidates for the show. George's reason for leaving is a pretty basic point that should have been resolved in the selection process. Similarly, Shahbaz should never have got on TV in the first place because he needs professional psychiatric help.

The BB producers seem to swallow the face they're presented with in auditions without looking too hard at whether somebody has the strength of character to live in the house. How many times have you heard a person say in their audition tape that they're wild and wacky and they turn out to be the opposite?

I love BB but it's becoming a freak show, full of mincing poofs, f***ed-up trannies, Maxim model wannabes and horny male chavs.

Perfect summing up!

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
This thread is evidence that it is all going quite nicely from the producers point of view I think.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
C4 are up against X-Factor which is usually bound to win. Except last night they added two new housemates, they now get to add another new one, the nominations are later AND the winner of the Golden Ticket goes in next week.

All these factors are bound to increase interest and far from dying on it's arse the viewing figures are going UP?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here