Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC Vs Leicester

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/LatestDetail/0,,10433~781835,00.html

Gatts To Start Against Foxes

Joe Gatting will make his full debut this afternoon in the basement battle with Leicester City.

The prolific 18-year-old, who fired the youth team into the FA Youth Cup quarter-finals on Wednesday, will partner Gary Hart in attack.

Elsewhere Paul Reid returns to the left-back berth in place of Joel Lynch, who is among the substitutes.

Youth team goalkeeper Richard Martin provides cover on the bench.

Leicester make one enforced change from the side that beat Wolves 1-0 last weekend, with Momo Sylla replacing the suspended Alan Maybury in midfield.

Albion: (4-4-2) Henderson; El-Abd, Butters, McShane, Reid; Carole, Carpenter, Hammond, Frutos; Gatting, Hart. Subs: Martin (GK), Lynch, Kazim-Richards, Hinshelwood, Robinson.

Leicester: (4-4-2) Douglas; Stearman, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Johansson; Sylla, Gudjonsson, Wesolowski, Hughes; Hume, Fryatt. Subs: Henderson (GK), Hammond, Smith, Gerrbrand, O'Grady.

Referee: Steve Tanner

Last edited:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
What has CKR done to annoy MM. FFS he really pisses me off.
CKR has proved he can score at this level and yet he picks Jake and now Gatts in front of him.

Don't get me wrong I'd love Gatts to score a hat trick, but I just don't understand MM's selections up front.

I have lost the faith!

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Hopefully Gatts'll bang a couple in today, its a BIG BIG Gamble from MM, this is a proper 6 pointer and had the potential to go A over T. That said I hope i'm wrong and we batter leicester. :clap: :albion:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Referee!!! said:
And selections in goal - Martin on the bench ahead of Kuipers.

Bloody hell I missed that one. His ego is now seriously affecting his judgement.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
CKR must bide his time. When he has come on in recent games, he has shown a bad attitude and broke up the play vs Burnley with unnecessary fouls etc. He must prove he is worth a starting place and I guess Gatting has done that.

We don't see what goes on in training......

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Doesn't CKR always get slated for his performances when he starts a game? Seems to me that at the moment he performs to his best when being used as a wonder sub.

I gues Gatting is playing because he is the one striker at the club that is scoring regularly and thus has that most precious of commodities-confidence.

As for FDM. I've given up on that score. I think he's probably played his last game for us. If true, a sad end for a great player.:(

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
garry nelsons left foot said:
As for FDM. I've given up on that score. I think he's probably played his last game for us. If true, a sad end for a great player.:(
Goes to show what a shit man manager he is, talk about cutting your nose to spite your face... If Hendersons injury gets the better of him during the game then we could well be in trouble without the reliable FDM on the bench, I'm sure Martin will be a good keeper in years to come but not right now, especially after that nervous clanger midweek.

FFS Magoo, put the team first ahead of your petty spats please.

Last edited:

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
dwayne said:
I think it's a big ask to chuck Gatting into this one, we'll see I suppose.

I think he's doing it because his confidence is sky high after the Blackburn game, and is hoping he'll knock in an early goal or two. Probably only play first half with CKR coming on for the second. Hopefully when we are 2-0 up. ???

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'd like to know the score with FDM - 2nd week in a row, he's fit but not in the 16 !!

Is MM picking him and he won't play as reserve keeper or is MM not even selecting him?

Either way, not a good state of affairs given we are scraping for our CCC lives now.

Brighton4eva

Jan 18, 2006
Exiled in Portsmouth
To be totally honest - nothing else has worked up front this season so giving Gatts the opportunity is probably borne out of desperation from Mark Mcghee but could, hopefully, work for us.

Gatts must be high on confidence let's hope that he can make the step up to this level.

I still think we are missing Charlie's fighting qualities in midfield - Could el-Abd do a job in there with Hinsh in the back 4?

I see Kerry MAYO didn't even make the bench either.

Come on the Albion
:albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here