Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC - Corners

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why can't we take a corner like every other club does direct into the box.

Really annoys me these short corners as they are pointless :angry: :angry:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
never liked short corners - they are a joke

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
nothing new then Ernie

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Every time we take a short corner we end up (at best) gaining f*** all in the way of advantage and (at worst) promptly giving away a goal at the other end. Thought with Charlie Oatway being put out to grass we'd seen the last of the always-crap short corner. Apparently not. :nono:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I can't stand the short corner - it needs an inswinger, it might hit anything

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
I want that trick corner where chippy makes a late run and VOLLEYS it from just outside the box. Just like Deano used to (except maybe Chippy could get one on target...)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
brightonfan_86 said:
I can't stand short corners, but if we kept watto then we wouldn't of be pissed off with them, i think we're missing corners like those from Watto.

The problem this, after BZ left Wattos corners were Shit.....

We do need a corner taker though

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
brightonfan_86 said:
Agreed, i wonder if Frutos could take a corner?

anyone can take a corner, whether they are any good art it is a completely different kettle of squirel

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am sure one of our ten outfield players must be able to take a reasonable corner.

If they can't then it needs to be sorted in training - so frustrating.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I thought a couple of the short corners actually worked well - even though I can't stand them normally. Hammond's the biggest threat but he couldn't get away from Page on the normal ones. When we took them short, that just gave him a bit of daylight to get his head on it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How can we threaten with traditional corners when you look at the size of the 1st half forward line?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
saafend_seagull said:
Short corners are crap. Just stick to aiming for Butters, Mcshane, or Hammond and results will be much better.

Which is exactly what Micky Adams would have told his defenders. They were being marked by their huge blokes so how on earth can you get a cross to them?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Yorkie said:
Which is exactly what Micky Adams would have told his defenders. They were being marked by their huge blokes so how on earth can you get a cross to them?

they should be losing their markers. if not they are not doing there job

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here