Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beware, Microsoft scam

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I have just had the second phone call in a week from someone in India pretending to be from Microsoft. The say that your ISP has picked up viruses coming from your computer. Beware, this is a scam. Details of what is going on is in the following internet address,

http://www.techeye.n...-phone-near-you

Has anyone else had this call?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just tell them you dont own a computer , that will definitely end the call.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I would advise against clicking on the above link...this is the first post by this person, a somewhat bizarre way to begin on NSC...I smell a rodent!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I would advise against clicking on the above link...this is the first post by this person, a somewhat bizarre way to begin on NSC...I smell a rodent!

I clicked on the link but it didn't work. Watch out for possible trojans and malware. :thumbsup:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
I can't vouch for the thread starter or any links he may be posting but this is a definite scam I have seen several people reporting to police over the last few weeks. They actually get you to enter the run command and type something in which probably does something to your registry settings,they then give you a www address to click on and it then installs malware and all sorts of other nasties which they obviously use to commit fraud. Most people are being done out of £50-100 which is relatively small and may well go unreported therefore making the scammers rich in the process.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Literally just had a call from an Indian call center saying you have a problem with your internet and computer. "No computer here!" Job done :thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I had this a few weeks ago. I told them I had a Macintosh running OS X. That kind of killed the conversation.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Thanks, Kazenga for believing. Only just joined this chat room and I get called a thief and a liar.
See you at Falmer.

If you have been reading for months you shouldn't be too surprised!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I had this scam call about 2 weeks ago and had some real fun dealing with it. I let the chap in his broken English go through his bull shit intro. I politely acknowledged and said would he like all my internet passwords, bank account details and 3 digit pass code. HIs reaction was classic. He said he did not understand me so I just said would he like me to send him a blank cheque.

He hesitated and then accused me of being mad and then promptly hung up !

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
I had this scam call about 2 weeks ago and had some real fun dealing with it. I let the chap in his broken English go through his bull shit intro. I politely acknowledged and said would he like all my internet passwords, bank account details and 3 digit pass code. HIs reaction was classic. He said he did not understand me so I just said would he like me to send him a blank cheque.

He hesitated and then accused me of being mad and then promptly hung up !

Quality :bowdown: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here