Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Betting on the Albion this weekend (buying money, shirley?)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I believe we will absolutely STUFF Exeter this weekend, so am going to post this thread and risk massive Uncle Spielberg style embarrassment from around 16:50 tomorrow afternoon.

Why, I hear you ask? I shall tell you for why...

1. We are good. Gus's Goalmachine will hit top gear, finally, this weekend.

2. Exeter are shit.

i) Stockport beat them last week. Yes, Stockport.
ii) Their away record in the league this season is P16 W2 D3 L11. They have scored a mere 11 goals and conceded 31.

3. 10 years ago today we beat Chester City 7 (seven) - 1. 'Exeter City' looks and sounds a bit like 'Chester City'.

Albion to win at a widely available 10/11 looks very generous. Over 2.5 goals at evens also looks tasty.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
we do score goals. they are shit. but it is at Withdean.

tricky.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You're right Darren. We're going to absolutely batter them. I'll go for 3-0, in a game that should have been a cricket score.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
i am inclined to agree with this

and i am the genius who spent tuesday confidently assuring anyone who would listen that
'we are going to do charlton tonight'

and we did.

i don't know what more evidence you want.

Go 3-0 (that's right a clean sheet) and a header to open the scoring so choose an appropriate player

LOL at internet bet tipping confidence

...but yeah do it

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
10/11 is very tasty odds, you're right. I think I will be having a bit of that.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
3. 10 years ago today we beat Chester City 7 (seven) - 1. 'Exeter City' looks and sounds a bit like 'Chester City'.

I went to that game and stayed at my Chester supporting mate's house in Chester.

When he was tarting himself up to go out after the game, I went to the local offie and bought 48 cans of 7 up and rammed them in his fridge :laugh:

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
I've got £10 on this accumilator....

France to beat Wales
Scotland to beat Italy
England to beat Ireland
Man city to beat Chelsea
Brighton to beat Exeter

100/1

Unlikely, but surely worth a tenner??

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
Incidently, all three 6 nations games are 10/11 home or away win with Paddy power, so any mix of results there would pay 100/1 in the same accumilator

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Incidently, all three 6 nations games are 10/11 home or away win with Paddy power, so any mix of results there would pay 100/1 in the same accumilator

Well the Sweaties to beat the Italians at 10/11 has also got to be worth a few quid. Is it be kind to punters weekend???

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
i am inclined to agree with this

and i am the genius who spent tuesday confidently assuring anyone who would listen that
'we are going to do charlton tonight'

and we did.

i don't know what more evidence you want.

Go 3-0 (that's right a clean sheet) and a header to open the scoring so choose an appropriate player

LOL at internet bet tipping confidence

...but yeah do it

We was 4/1 for us to beat Charlton Tuesday so a tenner on that was ticket and a few beers paid for and were 16/1 with most bookies to win 3-0 tomorrow.....think ill have a bit of that.

1-0 if we're lucky. They have been a very hard team to break down recently and a 0-0 will suit them. We haven't broken down a team at home for years so don't get your hopes up (although I would of course LOVE IT to happen).

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
France to beat Wales - 4/11
Scotland to beat Italy - 4/7
England to beat Ireland - 10/11
M City to beat Chelsea - 13/2
Albion to beat Exeter - 10/11

Still pays out over £500 for £10 bet

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Exeter aren't very good but I'll not be queueing up to back us at 10/11. However, I get the feeling that someone is going to get a pasting soon and it could be Exeter. I have had a throwaway tenner split between the following with Paddy Power:
5-0 100/1
5-1 100/1
6-0 425/1
6-1 425/1
7-0 500/1
7-1 500/1

Stranger things have happened :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here