Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Better without Frutos and Carole

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Surprised how little comment on here as to how much better we looked without these undoubted talented players.

We were so much more pacier and more direct. I would guess back passes from a forward position were down by 50%.

Perhaps they are not right for English cut and thrust football?

1066gull

Maybe McGhee was right about the pitch. The french players cannot play well in poor English conditions.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
A van der Meyde said:
Maybe McGhee was right about the pitch. The french players cannot play well in poor English conditions.

Which shows you werent at the game yesterday, the den pitch was looking...well like a real football pitch! None of that watery mud stuff!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I would like to see how Frutos would get on in the position Hart played yesterday.

1066gull

sir danny cullip said:
Which shows you werent at the game yesterday, the den pitch was looking...well like a real football pitch! None of that watery mud stuff!

CONDITIONS...

It doesnt mean I am talking about the pitch.

brighton2win

Aug 21, 2005
A van der Meyde said:
CONDITIONS...

It doesnt mean I am talking about the pitch.

A van der Meyde said:
Maybe McGhee was right about the pitch.

before you start shouting at people for making a completely valid point, just think about it :)

i said before the game yesterday before the team was read out the the pitch AND CONITIONS looked ideal for seb and frutos, although neither played

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
They don't link up with the full backs, and expose us defensively, however i think they have to be played in league 1, they will rip teams apart!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kinky Gerbils said:
shock - two wingers with no end product are out of the side and brighton win

shock - the other away win of the season was with two French wingers.
:p

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I like Frutos, although he wouldn't have worked in that system. Carole, however, is a luxury we can't afford at the moment - too lightweight, with no real crossing ability to make up for it.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Frutos and Carole are both very talented footballers who are committed to the cause. However i think at this stage in the season some good old fashioned grit and determination are needed. Also the two french lads are'nt used to playing as many games in a season as they have faced this year, so they could be tired etc

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
quality players imo but doesn't mean they are dead certs to be picked in our situation at the moment. Dropping Butters I think was a amjor call which I hope he does again

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Frutos and Carole are an increasingly expensive commodity we cannot afford. Lots of fancy footwork but the end product is zip and their final ball into the box is woeful 95% of the time.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Uncle Spielberg said:
Frutos and Carole are an increasingly expensive commodity we cannot afford. Lots of fancy footwork but the end product is zip and their final ball into the box is woeful 95% of the time.

Phew. I thought it was only me that thought that way. I am not alone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here