Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Betis vs Barca Sunday 9th Dec

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Have snapped up two of the last available tickets for this Sundays 4th vs 1st La Liga match. 35 Euros a ticket. No Messi but Betis will give them a good game.
Looking forward to Seville, any recommendations for sight seeing, apart from Cathedral?

TNBA

TTF

Dec 29, 2011
35 euros to see the best team in Europe. Good value. I really like the Plaza de Espana in Sevilla, very beautiful at night/dusk if you get the opportunity.

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
That's a great price. Here in Pamplona the cheapest tickets to see Real Madrid on 12 January are 70 euros. Guess I'll not be going then! For the cost of a ticket for me and 'er indoors, I could fly to the UK and watch the Newcastle game by myself!!

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Wow, what an experience.

Stadium Estadio Benito Villamarín is awesome. In a really noce part of town down a very long esplanade. Concrete monstrosity with a potential capacity of about 53,000. Not far short of being full but Barca only brought about 200 supporters in the away section. My Brother in Law and I were up int he gods but amongst great supporters. A really homely club and vociferous support who kept the din going to the end. They play like we do, defensive with possession and counter attack. A tad unlucky too, , second half they hit the bar and the post and missed a couple of really good chances. Messi's goals were sublime, he just creates space like no-on else I have seen.
I get the impression that Betis are really enjoying being the top dog in Seville, they have a good team who pass the ball and counter quickly.
I really like their songs too, especially the rendition of Viva Espagna just to get at the Catalan separatists; stupid concept about as laudable as Scottish independence!

All in all a lovely City and yesterday night they had local choirs with guitar, castanet and tambourine accompaniment , playing Spanish themed festive sings. Such passion and the flamenco theme was always there. The country may be well and truly f****d economically but the race have passion and true identity. I applaud them.

So I was there, I have seen Messi twice now and he has scored three goals. Barca not as good as they were two seasons back. Messi, Iniesta and Xavi apart, they look vulnerable to an incisive counter attacking team. I still don't think they will win the Champions League this season. German defensive prudence will, I feel, beat them.

Home tomorrow, great pre Xmas sunshine on Costa Luz.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here