Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Betfair's rules?

Paddington Gal

May 7, 2013
Hi everyone

I accept I made a losing bet on the Turkey v Netherlands match (a six leg bet builder) but should I

1. Over 2.5 goals
2. Over9.5 corners
3. Over 4.5 cards
4. Memphis Depay to score or assist
5.Virgil van Dyke to commit a foul
6.BART VERBRUGGEN TO MAKE 3 SAVES

Now according to the stats on Betfair's site he made 2 saves. I will assume the saves are from Kenan Yildiz in the 65th min ( low down from long range) and the superb 90+1 min from Semih Kilicsoy. Well I was checking the stats on Flashscore and with twenty minutes to go I needed 3 corners, 2 cards, 1 more goal and 1 more save from our Bart. They were showing 2 saves from Bart already. Which is how I saw it. I was sure BBC replays showed Bart fingertipping Arda Guler's free kick onto the post yet the referee didn't see it and awarded a goal kick, meaning he didn't touch it?

Well as the game went on my bets kept falling in until I was relying on two cards and one save from our Bart, get in there Bart, great save 90+1 still needed 2 cards. I'm now hoping he'll celebrate his save by ripping his shirt off and getting himself booked. Of course he didn't. But the game was becoming fiery then Cenk Tosun and Wout Weghorst obliged with the late cards, BINGO

My £5 free bet was going to return £90+, but no according to Betfair, he only made 2 saves.
I've tried to get an explanation from Betfair but the only way to get in touch with them is by automated agents and the speed that I type I keep getting timed out. I've been immobile for the past few weeks so have seen almost every game so I have been having a small bet on the games just to keep some sort of interest going.

I'm not in desperate need of £90 but that would give me a small profit over the tournament. I do feel once again the bootmaker becomes quite ambiguous with their rules.

What are your views? (I appreciate there are many people on this site that totally disapprove of the gambling habit)

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Betfair will use OPTA or another stats site, they’re the person you’d need to talk to. Bookies will just entirely default to them for stuff like this.

Slippery c*nts.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hi everyone

I accept I made a losing bet on the Turkey v Netherlands match (a six leg bet builder) but should I

1. Over 2.5 goals
2. Over9.5 corners
3. Over 4.5 cards
4. Memphis Depay to score or assist
5.Virgil van Dyke to commit a foul
6.BART VERBRUGGEN TO MAKE 3 SAVES

Now according to the stats on Betfair's site he made 2 saves. I will assume the saves are from Kenan Yildiz in the 65th min ( low down from long range) and the superb 90+1 min from Semih Kilicsoy. Well I was checking the stats on Flashscore and with twenty minutes to go I needed 3 corners, 2 cards, 1 more goal and 1 more save from our Bart. They were showing 2 saves from Bart already. Which is how I saw it. I was sure BBC replays showed Bart fingertipping Arda Guler's free kick onto the post yet the referee didn't see it and awarded a goal kick, meaning he didn't touch it?

Well as the game went on my bets kept falling in until I was relying on two cards and one save from our Bart, get in there Bart, great save 90+1 still needed 2 cards. I'm now hoping he'll celebrate his save by ripping his shirt off and getting himself booked. Of course he didn't. But the game was becoming fiery then Cenk Tosun and Wout Weghorst obliged with the late cards, BINGO

My £5 free bet was going to return £90+, but no according to Betfair, he only made 2 saves.
I've tried to get an explanation from Betfair but the only way to get in touch with them is by automated agents and the speed that I type I keep getting timed out. I've been immobile for the past few weeks so have seen almost every game so I have been having a small bet on the games just to keep some sort of interest going.

I'm not in desperate need of £90 but that would give me a small profit over the tournament. I do feel once again the bootmaker becomes quite ambiguous with their rules.

What are your views? (I appreciate there are many people on this site that totally disapprove of the gambling habit)
Official UEFA stats says 3 saves

Screenshot_20240709_164957_Chrome.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think you are right and that it is the save (or not save) that you've referred to that is the one in dispute. I THINK Bart got a fingertip to that free kick, but no angle is entirely conclusive. As the ref saw it as a goal kick, I'd expect that this means stats-wise that the save 'didn't happen' even if he DID actually touch it.

There's some really grey areas around bets on saves / shots tbh, and I no longer touch them for that reason. All a bit subjective what counts as a shot. Playing in goal, I have made some of the saves I'm most pleased with, from mishit crosses or terrible back-passes - neither of which would be counted as 'shots' by most bookies - and thus not as 'saves' either. Its a bit shit.

Also - the VAR / offside rules bollocks it up, too.

Scenario 1: A guy receives the ball, and is potentially marginally offside. Under VAR guidance, the lino keeps his flag down. He shoots, keeper saves it, THEN the lino puts his flag up. If the referee waves play on (the keeper has it in his hands) then the shot and save would be counted. If he signals to restart with a free kick for the offside, then the same shot and save would NOT be counted. Its all very ambiguous.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Opta only credits Bart with 2 saves.

As far as their stats are concerned even if he did touch the free kick it won’t count as a save as he ref didn’t award a corner.

IMG_4304.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here