Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Betfair – anyone used it?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I'm interested in starting to use BetFair, the thing where you bet aginst other people rather than bookies.

Has anyone on here used it – and, if so, what did you think , what's good and bad about it etc.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I use it all the time.

+ Generally Better prices, All fixed. The advantage is that you can place a fixed odds bet on a race where there will not be any early prices from say Ladborkes or Blue Sq. This is excellent if you know the price is coming down.
+ You can also lay bets as well. As an example last year I had £200 @ 7-2 on Cardiff going down after they sold Kavanagh to Wigan. After a big Plunge the price on betfair was 7/4. I then laid off my bet on Cardiff at 2-1. Either way I couldn't lose. This feature is particularly good if you know something is not going to win. Henman at Wimbledon has won me a fair few quid over the years.

- They take a percentage of all winnings as their 'tax' for using the site. So if you have £10 @ 10-1 and it wins you lose a percentage to Betfair. This has the disadvantage that it can be difficult to work out what odds you are getting.

Look up Betfair and Free bet on google and you will find a free £20 bet code as well. Use that and see what you think.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Excellent for backing outsiders (huge prices) betting in running superb and on average 20% better odds. I'd recommend it. Can get addictive though.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Highly recommended.

Also you can back horses for a place without having to put a bet on it to win as well (if you're not that confident that it'll win, but sure it'll be thereabouts).

Lots of silly bets available, too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here