Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best way of viewing new posts on NSC

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Dear Mods,

Is it possible to add a link directly to the posts that scroll round on the Spy page ? It shows you part of the post but when you click on it it takes you to the first post in the thread, rather than the post itself.

I know you can link directly to the latest post from the What's New page but this requires manual refreshing.

Ta.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Dear Mods,

Is it possible to add a link directly to the posts that scroll round on the Spy page ? It shows you part of the post but when you click on it it takes you to the first post in the thread, rather than the post itself.

I know you can link directly to the latest post from the What's New page but this requires manual refreshing.

Ta.

Any mods that can make this happen ? Ta

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
"best way of viewing new posts on NSC"

being drunk normally helps..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For me, clicking on a post in the Forum Spy takes me directly to that post in the thread - the complete opposite of what you describe.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Hardly right to blame Safari ! The site should be compatible with all the browsers. Appreciate you taking a look anyhows, cheers.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The 2nd URL redirects to the first URL. For some reason Safari doesn't handle that re-direction.

It's a free off-the-shelf plugin. I've raised it with the developer - we'll see what happens but I'm not going to sweat too much on a minor feature.

(I was also going to say "...on a minor browser", but Safari is used on NSC quite a lot, which is surprising...

1. Internet Explorer 42.99%
2. Safari 19.81%
3. Firefox 16.71%
4. Chrome 13.75%)

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Interesting, thanks Bozza. The high Safari %age is not inflated by iPhone usage, is it ? That is a surprising figure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here