Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best of Luck

RobtheRoyal

Jun 12, 2011
Just wanted to wish the very best of luck to Brighton & Hove Albion in the Championship next year from a fan of Reading FC.
Your Club has been through a lot over the last decade or so and i remember that day at the Goldstone Ground when supporters from all over came to give their support to your great club when it was having so much difficulty. So to a starting a fresh season in the Championship in your fantastic looking new stadium after all you have been through as fans must feel you all with great pride.
I'm hoping i will get to the fixture at Brighton when you play the Royals as i'd love to get a proper look at the place. Again all the best for the new season and i'm sure you will have a good go at it and must be Play-Off contenders at the very least... if not... then the double over Palace will help ease the pain i'm sure. UP THE ALBION !!!!!!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Thanks mate, that's a lovely post! Next season is the most anticipated campaign I can ever remember, and barring reaching the promised land I don't see how it'll be matched in my lifetime. Thanks for the kind words, good luck next season.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Cheers RobtheRoyal. How do you see Reading getting on this coming season?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Great post, Rob, and thanks. Welcome to NSC.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Reading likely to lose a key player or two in the summer? Talk of Long going all over the place, how much truth in it I have no idea.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I will just add to the previous posts and say sorry you lost out in the play off final which was a fantastic game to watch.

BM is a good lad !

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Thank you Rob, it is a very exciting time to be an Albion fan. Do you think you will manage to go one better next season and go up in one of the automatic places? Good luck to Reading next season, unless you meet us in the playoffs of course.

RobtheRoyal

Jun 12, 2011
Cheers RobtheRoyal. How do you see Reading getting on this coming season?
Hi MacKenzie, i'm hopeful for the next season but we look like loosing a lot of players Shane Long, Jimmy Kebe, Matthew Mills, Adam Federaci, Jobi McNuff all have other clubs sniffing around them. Brian McDermott is a great manager though and operates really well considering Madejski doesn't like parting with the cash. We got £7 million from selling Gunnardsson at the start of the seaon and the manager didn't really see any of that until signing Leigertwood from QPR at the end of the season.
I'm really keen to get the season underway again as i'm sure you are all to and there is so many big games to look forward to, and for us having Brighton with us is great as thats easily 2,000 fans making their way up from the south coast and hopefully the same going back for the return fixture. I think Royals going to the seaside is a far better deal though than you coming to dreary Reading though - sorry about that ...

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Hi MacKenzie, i'm hopeful for the next season but we look like loosing a lot of players Shane Long, Jimmy Kebe, Matthew Mills, Adam Federaci, Jobi McNuff all have other clubs sniffing around them. Brian McDermott is a great manager though and operates really well considering Madejski doesn't like parting with the cash. We got £7 million from selling Gunnardsson at the start of the seaon and the manager didn't really see any of that until signing Leigertwood from QPR at the end of the season.
I'm really keen to get the season underway again as i'm sure you are all to and there is so many big games to look forward to, and for us having Brighton with us is great as thats easily 2,000 fans making their way up from the south coast and hopefully the same going back for the return fixture. I think Royals going to the seaside is a far better deal though than you coming to dreary Reading though - sorry about that ...

LOL (where are the smillies when you want them)

Last edited:

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Just wanted to wish the very best of luck to Brighton & Hove Albion in the Championship next year from a fan of Reading FC.
Your Club has been through a lot over the last decade or so and i remember that day at the Goldstone Ground when supporters from all over came to give their support to your great club when it was having so much difficulty. So to a starting a fresh season in the Championship in your fantastic looking new stadium after all you have been through as fans must feel you all with great pride.
I'm hoping i will get to the fixture at Brighton when you play the Royals as i'd love to get a proper look at the place. Again all the best for the new season and i'm sure you will have a good go at it and must be Play-Off contenders at the very least... if not... then the double over Palace will help ease the pain i'm sure. UP THE ALBION !!!!!!

Very, Very gracious. Can't wait to pit ourselves against the likes of your side. Clearly you must still be hurting from the Play Off final, having been to our two play off finals (Notts County and Bristol City) I know which one I prefer. One things for sure you'll all be welcome to our new home but when that whistle goes...it's battle commence LOL

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Never thought Federici looks that convincing on TV, Mills is decent though, and Long seems to have come on leaps and bounds this season.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
We go back a fair few years and your new ground transformed Reading from a run-of-the-mill div 3 club. Am looking forward to renewed rivalry in this coming season.

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
Climb out twat.

I'd go as far as saying you probably aren't even a Reading fan, can't even spell your players' names right.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
f***ing arse-licker.
A little bit of this.

We go back a fair few years and your new ground transformed Reading from a run-of-the-mill div 3 club. Am looking forward to renewed rivalry in this coming season.
But mostly this.

Sorry, I still haven't forgotten the way they nabbed our manager and Steve Sidwell. Nor the way their manager believed they were the best team in the league when actually we TROUNCED them. Oh and I'm old enough to remember piddly little Elm Park with it's shite away end and the 4,000 punters rattling around inside it for fairly average games.

Oct 24, 2007
Ramsgate, United Kingdom

My cousin and his daughter are Royals fans, and we're both looking forward to re-igniting our family rivalary next season. It's going to be a tough season for us both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here