Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best ITALIAN Restaurant of BN1/2/3shire

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Truthfully, no Italian restaurant I've eaten at anywhere in the UK can hold a candle to the food in Italy itself.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Jamie's Italian in Black Lion Street. Great food and amazing service.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Truthfully, no Italian restaurant I've eaten at anywhere in the UK can hold a candle to the food in Italy itself.

So true. Nothing would beat my aunties home made Tagliatelle and sauce, or pizzas. I try to avoid Italian restaurants in the UK simply because as soon as I walk in I judge what is put on the plate.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Jamie's Italian and Al Duomo are both pretty good for service, price and quality of food I reckon.

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
My Italian friends who are massive foodies always recommend La Capannina in Kemp Town. Has also been recommended by a few more friends of mine. Never got a chance to go there my self though.

Incidentally, my Italian friends have an Italian deli right next to The Duke of Yorks cinema called Mediterraneo. Its family run by Giorgio and Sonia (husband and wife) and Sonia's brother Francesco. They make a lot of home made stuff and they get quite a lot of of their ingredients shipped over from Sicily so its pretty authentic. They also sell bits and pieces like imported pasta, olive oil and balsamic vinegars.

She is an excellent artist and has some of her paintings up on the wall.

Definitely worth a look if you are in the area. You wont be disappointed !

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Incidentally, my Italian friends have an Italian deli right next to The Duke of Yorks cinema called Mediterraneo. Its family run by Giorgio and Sonia (husband and wife) and Sonia's brother Francesco. They make a lot of home made stuff and they get quite a lot of of their ingredients shipped over from Sicily so its pretty authentic. They also sell bits and pieces like imported pasta, olive oil and balsamic vinegars.

I used to work with Giorgio, he's a top bloke.

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Incidentally, my Italian friends have an Italian deli right next to The Duke of Yorks cinema called Mediterraneo. Its family run by Giorgio and Sonia (husband and wife) and Sonia's brother Francesco. QUOTE]

Did they use to have the deli up at Seven Dials?

No. I think that deli is still there. But I believe they don't have full kitchen facilities there whereas Mediterraneo has there own kitchen and everything is cooked fresh there.

Try the Aranchinis with meat or the Pidoni's or the home cooked lasagne or Giorgios Tiramisu..... If I lived close to there I would be really rather fat now..:lolol:

Yeah, Giorgio is a really nice guy...

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
My Italian friends who are massive foodies always recommend La Capannina in Kemp Town. Has also been recommended by a few more friends of mine. Never got a chance to go there my self though.

She is an excellent artist and has some of her paintings up on the wall.

Definitely worth a look if you are in the area. You wont be disappointed !

Have been in there a couple of times and would have to agree. Very good!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here