Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Intro to a song

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
marvin said:
He has also produced some of the best lyrics ever and is almost certainly the best rock drummer in the world (I don't mean Heavy Metal i mean rock generally).

Rubbish. Only bit of drumming I ever liked by Genesis/PC turned out to be a drum machine.

Personally I think Saddam Hussein could have been driven out of Iraq by blasting the airwaves there with Phil Collins tracks. Either that or he would have shot himself.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
oooh also

sound of the underground - Girls aloud (i know, its a rubbish song - but the intro is fab!)
Angel - Sarah Mclachan - one of the best songs EVER imho
Iris - Goo goo Dolls - coz i kno that a great song is coming up
Crazy in love - Beyonce - makes you want to shake your tooshy

and ill think of some more soon

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Loads of the best ones have already been mentioned, but what about Whatever you want by Quo? Rick Parfitt at his very best.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sorry. I'm a Phil Collins fan. Everyone forgets Brand X, and that first solo album that was pure class.

Also saw Genesis in 86. Fantastic. I was at the Diana gig.

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
The Wookiee said:
Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out

Is that an intro or just a mixed up song with the verse preceding the chorus?

I'd put the first minute of the song down as the intro before the song proper kicks in. Absolute quality!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Can't wait to see them next month.:banana:

Bono

Jul 18, 2003
Buckinghamshire
What a great thread.

Agree with many;

She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult
Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who
Baba O'Reilly - The Who
Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2
Where The Streets have No Name - U2
Teardrop - Massive Attack
Down In The Tube Station At Midnight - The Jam

All of them in the list of the best ever live performances.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Shaking all over - Johnny Kidd and the Pirates
Green Onions - Booker T and the MG's
Smoke On The Water. Deep Purple
Billie Jean - Michal Jackson

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Dover said:
Sorry. I'm a Phil Collins fan. Everyone forgets Brand X, and that first solo album that was pure class.

Also saw Genesis in 86. Fantastic. I was at the Diana gig.

Are you in fact Dave Lee Travis?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
To like Phil Collins is to really have a major lack of respect for your ears.

If you tortured me into naming a good Phil Collins song, I'd rather face further torture. Average drummer (you want quality drumming, watch old images of Keith Moon in action), crap singer (listen to Marvin Gaye or Isaac Hayes), and diabolical lyricist (I give you Ray Davies, Billy Bragg or if you really want to know what I think of the bald one, Bernie Taupin in the early 70s).

It's not that it's trendy to despise Phil Collins, it's just that it's very easy to.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
was going to mention a few that have already have been so

where are the stranglers songs?

how about sweden?

contract on the world - public enemy
belfast - orbital
too drunk to f*** - the dead kennedys
safe from harm - massive attack
fool's gold - the stone roses

good thread, good thread

rool

Jul 10, 2003
music is a personal thing if you don't like it that doesn't mean it is crap. how do you measure musical greatness?. surely the only measure is that if it pleases you then, as far as you're concerned, it's good.

BAG - agreed on Angel although can't remember much of an intro to it

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Juan Albion said:
Rubbish. Only bit of drumming I ever liked by Genesis/PC turned out to be a drum machine.

Personally I think Saddam Hussein could have been driven out of Iraq by blasting the airwaves there with Phil Collins tracks. Either that or he would have shot himself.

Says a lot about you that and very little about anything or one else.

Listen too early Genesis in full Live flow and there are few other drummers who could keep up.

The best person to ask who is a good drummer is other good drummers and they (the ones I have heard speak on the subject) rate Collins very highly. I would rather take their opinion on this as they actually have a clue what they are on about and what it takes.

I'm not a big Collins fan, I am a big Genesis fan, never really liked the solo stuff (except Collin's first 2 albums, Face Value very dark and Hello, I must be going is an album for anyone who has ever divorced.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here